Senior/Lead Software Engineer, Development Centre
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Public / Civil Service
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
As a Senior/Lead Software Engineer, you will take on exciting and challenging roles of designing, developing and implementing our new digital service. In short, the lead will be leading and mentoring a small development team within a specific task or project, side by side with hands-on development.
You will be accountable for delivering and maintaining a large-scale project using AGILE software development methodology. You will be leading and grooming a development team side by side with hands-on development.
What to Expect:
- You will provide technical leadership to software engineers by coaching and mentoring throughout end-to-end software development, maintenance, and lifecycle to achieve project goals to the required level of quality; promote team engagement and motivation.
- You will provide input for estimates, resource needs, milestones and risks; ensure effective delegation, monitoring tasks, identifying risks and handling mitigation and escalations.
- You will provide hands-on technical and functional input to design, maintenance, build, integration and testing of complex software components according to functional and technical design specifications; Drive adoption of relevant, up-to-date technologies, practices and tools in Agile software projects
- You will analyze and provide input for the requirements and provide impact assessment for new features or bug fixes. Make high-level design and establish technical standards.
- You will represent and lead discussions related to product/application/modules/team and build relationships with internal customers/stakeholders
- You will drive quality processes (such as performing technical root cause analysis and outlining corrective action for given problems), measure them and take corrective actions in case of variances and ensure all the project agreed deliverables are completed to the required level of quality.
How to Succeed:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience
- Experience in modern web application technologies (e.g. Node.js, React.js, MongoDB)
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems
- Experience in Agile software development
Closing on 08 Feb 2022