Senior/Lead Software Quality Engineer, Test Automation
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Public / Civil Service
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
As a Lead Quality Engineer, you will leading the development, maintenance and execution of automated tests. In this role, you will be working with a wide range of development teams on a variety of software products to infuse the quality mindset and setup the best test automation frameworks. You will not only be a thought leader to coach the development teams on software quality but also a hands-on engineer to build the automated testing solutions.
What to Expect:
- You will provide technical leadership on software quality by coaching and mentoring throughout end-to-end software development, maintenance, and lifecycle to achieve project goals to the required level of quality; promote team engagement and motivation.
- You will provide input for estimates, resource needs, milestones and risks; ensure effective delegation, monitoring tasks, identifying risks and handling mitigation and escalations.
- You will provide hands-on technical and functional input to in the area of automation, performance engineering, continuous testing, continuous delivery in Agile software projects.
- Analyzing how systems are being tested and identifying opportunities to reduce that time and effort through automation.
- You will represent and lead discussions related to software quality with engineering leaders, product owners and others.
- You will drive quality processes (such as performing technical root cause analysis and outlining corrective action for given problems), measure them and take corrective actions in case of variances and ensure all the project agreed deliverables are completed to the required level of quality.
How to Succeed:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience
- Experience in modern web application technologies (e.g. Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, Node.js, MongoDB)
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems.
- Experience in Agile software development
Closing on 18 Jan 2022