Senior Manager / Assistant Vice President, New Businesses
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BOARD
Public / Civil Service
The Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), a government agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry, is responsible for strategies that enhance Singapore’s position as a global center for business, innovation and talent. We undertake investment promotion and industry development, and work with international businesses, both foreign and local, by providing information, connection to partners and access to government incentives for their investments. Our mission is to create sustainable economic growth, with vibrant business and good job opportunities for Singapore.
For more information on EDB, please visit www.edb.gov.sg
About New Businesses division
The New Businesses Division in EDB seeks to uncover and incubate new industries that build on Singapore’s strong industry and research base.
You will be part of a dynamic team that will build and capitalize on synergies across industries so as to capture the opportunities that new growth drivers bring to Singapore in the mid- to long-term. You will use innovation methodologies and tools to develop an understanding of new industry opportunities and co-create solutions with our customers to serve their needs.
The position is an individual contributor role. The candidate will be responsible for charting the development of specific growth sectors and ensuring close collaboration with relevant EDB divisions on the organization’s innovation process. The candidate is also expected to advise on innovation processes to enhance organizational excellence in identifying and growing new industries.
Your roles and responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Identify and engage companies and their stakeholders (e.g. customers, suppliers, research institutions) to gather insights and develop understanding of their roles and activities relevant to the new industries
- Analyze and synthesize findings to map industry value chains, challenges and needs, and develop compelling value propositions that will help Singapore to succeed in new industries
- Contribute to EDB’s innovation process through learning on the job and refinement of the internal innovation toolkit
- Engage and partner with companies to consider Singapore as their location to site regional and global activities related to the new industries
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. industry groups in EDB, other government agencies and industry partners) in co-creating solutions to meet the needs of the new industries
To meet the challenges of this role, you must have/be:
- 3-6 years of relevant working experience; with applications of design thinking principles or innovation methodologies/ tools (e.g. Lean Start-Up) and/or working on innovation design/development or new business development
- Highly motivated to participate in developing the future growth drivers for Singapore, with a strong ability to develop and execute ideas and initiatives
- Keen learner with a strong interest in trends, future industries and technologies
- Team player who communicates and collaborates effectively to deliver successful outcomes
- Strong conceptual and analytical thinking skills
We review applications and interview on a rolling basis. Applicants can expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.
Closing on 30 Nov 2021