Senior/Principal Tax Auditor (Rulings) [Goods & Services Tax Division]
INLAND REVENUE AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE
Public / Civil Service
Make your mark. Create an impact.
As a tax professional, you have tax knowledge at your fingertips and the heart to build a socially-responsible taxpaying community. At IRAS, we offer you the space to apply your knowledge as we transform to redefine experiences for taxpayers. You will apply your resourcefulness, strong communication skills and expertise in administering a suite of tax services ranging from service, compliance and policy formulation.
- Conduct review of tax rules to meet tax objectives and ensure tax clarity, including performing research on international tax practices, drafting policy proposals, tax changes and legislative amendments
- Conduct taxpayer dialogue sessions or discussion groups with government officials or external parties
- Provide rulings to the public, other government departments on interpretation of tax laws and rationale behind tax policies
- Identify high risk taxpayers through analytics and conduct desk and field based audits to deter non-compliance and improve voluntary compliance
- Provide education to maximize voluntary compliance by conducting talks on specialized or technical GST issues
- Degree in Accounting or Business preferred
- Possessing an accreditation by SIATP will be an advantage
- Experience in audit and/or GST-related services would be an advantage
- Basic knowledge of accounting and GST
- Basic knowledge of the audit process, audit methodologies available, consequences of different types of audit determination etc.
- Basic data literacy and ability to use data to support decision making
- Ability to question, probe and analyse
- Resourceful and able to work independently in a team environment
Closing on 22 Apr 2021