Senior Software Engineer (Profiling and Analytics System)
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
Public / Civil Service
CSIT develops products to advance the national security interests of Singapore. Our products are used in a wide range of operations, including but not limited to: counter-terrorism and cyber network defence. We are looking for highly skilled software engineers to build mission-critical products that identify, analyse and disrupt threats.
As a senior software engineer, you will lead the technical design and architect the next generation profiling and analytics system that centralizes our knowledge of terrorist targets and sophisticated cyber actors. Your software solutions will aid analysts to identity and analyse threats to Singapore’s national security. You will have the technical autonomy to determine the best way to solve real-life problems faced by your users.
- Be the role model for the team of engineers
- Work with product owner, software engineers and stakeholders to design solutions to complex problems and estimate technical effort
- Lead the team to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software
- Conduct code review and mentor team members on software engineering best practices
- Define and advocate coding standards for style, maintainability, and best practices in web app development
- Understand and identify technology pitfalls and implement solutions to solve them
- Lead integration efforts across teams and products
- Write code that the team adores
- 3+ years of experience in the design and implementation of web apps
- Hands on technical leadership experience leading project teams and setting technical direction
- Experience with one or more frameworks: React, Spring
- Experience with agile software engineering, system integration, design patterns, software architecture best practices and coding standards
- Excellent technical communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences
- Love for open source technologies
- Aspiration to be the best engineer
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: CI/CD, web app security and API design
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Elastic Stack, Open Policy Agent, Graph Databases, Apache Solr, Kubernetes
Why join us?
- The work is purposeful and meaningful
- You will work with the best people
- We work with modern technologies and tech stacks
- We have an excellent engineering culture and work-life balance
- We aspire to engineering and operational excellence
- We empower to innovate
- We grow together as a family
As CSIT is an agency under the Ministry of Defence (Singapore), only Singapore Citizens will be considered.
Closing on 18 Jun 2021