Senior/Staff Nurse, Anaesthetic Unit
FARRER PARK HOSPITAL PTE. LTD.
Healthcare / Pharmaceutical
Permanent, Full Time
S$2500 - S$5000
- Assist the Anaesthetist in all stages of the administration of anaesthesia, provide pre-induction checks and assessment and close monitoring of patients post-induction, in accordance to established hospital policies and procedures, standards of nursing care and practices in the Anaesthetic Unit.
- To demonstrate good and competent clinical skills, knowledge and critical thinking in the delivery of quality nursing skills in AU.
- To assist in the implementation of the anesthetic unit (AU) nursing standards and procedures and be responsible for maintaining quality nursing care.
- To respond and handle emergency situations in an efficient and calm manner, in Code Blue and other crisis.
- To responsible and accountable for the handling and dispensing of drugs from the Automatic Dispensing Cabinet (ADC) and its administration, especially Controlled Drugs.
- To responsible for accurate nursing documentation of EMR via related Meditech system modules.
- To ensure customer satisfaction and follow through quality and service issues.
- To ensure correct billing of consumables used and procedures performed for the patient.
- To assist in the inventory control of AU consumables and equipment.
- Performance of rotating shifts in the Major Operating Theatre / Cardiovascular Lab.
- Diploma of Nursing or equivalent.
- Advanced Diploma or post-basic qualifications in Peri-Operative Nursing/Anaesthesia Nursing or equivalent is preferred.
- Singapore Nursing Board Practicing Certificate for Registered Nurses.
- At least 2-3 years of post-registration clinical experience preferably in the OR and/or AU in a hospital setting.
- Flexible and Adaptable to any change.
- Computer savvy.
- Valid Basic Cardiac Life Support and Automated External Defibrillator Certification.
Closing on 10 Mar 2021