Senior Tax Auditor (Individual Income Tax - Rulings & Compliance)
INLAND REVENUE AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE
Accounting / Auditing / Taxation, Public / Civil Service
Make your mark. Create an impact.
As a tax professional, you have tax knowledge at your fingertips and the heart to build a socially responsible taxpaying community. At IRAS, we offer you the space to apply your knowledge as we redefine experiences for taxpayers. You will apply your resourcefulness, strong communication skills and expertise in administering a suite of tax services ranging from service, compliance and policy formulation.
The result? Your mark of insight on tax services which are transformational.
- Review high risk cases from various sources (e.g. analytics models) which may involve review of assessments, field work and the introduction of compliance measures
- Analyse data from various sources (e.g. financial records, outputs from analytics models such as social network analysis, data from 3rd parties and accounting software etc.) for a more holistic risk analysis
- Use computer-based audits for selected cases
- Stakeholders Engagement & Education
- Analyse target stakeholders’ profile, define engagement purpose and devise engagement content
- Analyse market trends, business models and audit observations that may impact compliance level and plan for relevant engagement/education activities to prevent non-compliance
- Develop and execute robust stakeholder engagement and education campaigns through digital and non-digital channels (e.g. social media) to tackle areas of non-compliance
- Create concepts and messages that are user-centric and provide visual experiences to users across digital assets (web and other digital channels)
- Enhancements & Continuous Improvements
- Be the voice of the stakeholders and provide regular feedback/ ideas to improve taxpayers’ compliance
- Identify opportunities and apply knowledge of relevant technologies (e.g. RPA, data analytics) or methodologies (e.g. BI & Design) in the form of projects to improve taxpayers’ compliance or streamline processes
- Participate and contribute in key activities and milestones in the implementation of digital projects
- Degree in Accounting
- Possess 3 to 5 years of experience handling statutory audits of companies/businesses
- Good knowledge of the principles of taxation of business and accounting
- Good communication skills (includes written and verbal)
- Resourceful and able to work independently in a team environment
Please submit your resume via Careers@Gov. Online short-listed candidates will be notified.
*All new appointees will be appointed on a two-year contract in the first instance
Closing on 16 Jun 2021