Senior Tax Investigator [Investigation & Forensics Division]
INLAND REVENUE AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE
Accounting / Auditing / Taxation, Public / Civil Service
Make your mark. Create an impact.
You have a probing mind and a sharp sense of justice to tackle tax crimes.
At IRAS, we offer you the space to apply your investigative skills in forensic, data analytics and field work in tandem with IRAS’ transformation journey. You will uncover evidence to prosecute tax evasion and fraud across taxes and schemes administered by IRAS. In addition, you will collaborate with other enforcement agencies.
The result? A credible tax environment in Singapore, with high compliance which supports nation building.
The main responsibilities include:
- Conducting investigations of suspected violations of Singapore Tax Laws and assist in the prosecution of tax evaders
- Analyzing cases to determine if a tax crime has been committed
- Prepare reports to recommend penal actions to be taken on non-compliant taxpayers
- Act as the complainant to prosecute tax evaders and testify in court as an expert witness
- Arrange for the payment and collection of under-declared taxes and penalties from tax evaders
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Accountancy/ Business Administration/ Finance/ Economics or other Professional qualifications
- Candidates with knowledge or experience in tax, audit and/or law enforcement will have added advantage
- Strong analytical skills and attentive to details
- Good writing, communications and negotiation skills
- Able to think out-of-the box
- Resourceful and able to work independently
- Able to question and probe
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing on 22 Apr 2021