Senior Tax Officer (Customer Service and Data Analyst) [Goods & Services Tax Division]
INLAND REVENUE AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE
Public / Civil Service
Make your mark. Create an impact.
As a tax professional, you have tax knowledge at your fingertips and the heart to build a socially-responsible taxpaying community. At IRAS, we offer you the space to apply your knowledge as we transform to redefine experiences for taxpayers. You will apply your resourcefulness, strong communication skills and expertise in administering a suite of tax services ranging from service, compliance and policy formulation.
The result? Your mark of insight on tax services which are transformational.
- Provide assistance to taxpayers on clarification of tax practices and application of tax laws over frontline duties over the telephone, live chat and via email
- Develop timely solutions to analyse service data and use outputs from analytics models to uncover insights and translate them into actionable initiatives to improve service delivery and productivity
- Extract and prepare data for analytics, as well as perform preliminary or exploratory data analyses to resolve service-related issues and for longer term planning purposes
- Improve timeliness of insights pushed to frontline by automating periodic requests, for e.g., building data pipelines to customised dashboards
- Identify and acquire new data quicker, and have data requirements to be built in new/existing systems for better insights to be produced
- Contribute toward key divisional projects and assist the manager in project management and communication within and across branches and divisions, as well as with external stakeholders
- Diploma/Degree with at least 1-year related experience in the area of data analytics work/maintaining applications/systems
- Working knowledge of tools for data extraction and analysis, visualisation, data analytic and mining, or has demonstrated ability to pick up such knowledge readily
- Strong ability to work with data and systems
- Logical, organised and systematic in handling and analysing available information/data
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Basic knowledge of GST or experience in customer service is a plus
- Resourceful and able to work independently in a team environment
Please submit your resume via Careers@Gov. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Closing on 22 Apr 2021