Specialist, Design for Safety (Occupational Safety and Health Division) - Contract
MINISTRY OF MANPOWER
Public / Civil Service
As a Specialist (Design for Safety) in the Occupational Safety and Health Division, you will be part of a dynamic and responsive team that promotes workplace safety and health (WSH) for Singapore. This position reports to the Senior Assistant Director.
- Collaborate with developers and designers to ensure good WSH outcomes in the design, construction and maintenance of building structures and to implement good Design for Safety (DfS) practices.
- Conduct inspections, investigations and audits of worksites to identify physical WSH lapses, DfS issues and systemic weaknesses in WSH management. You will review existing and new construction processes to assess if they can be performed more safely.
- Perform design calculation checks on temporary works to ascertain if they are designed to prevailing engineering codes.
- Work with the Workplace Safety and Health Council and industry partners to develop guidance material on DfS best practices. You will be required to drive DfS improvements in the construction industry and provide technical guidance on how construction works can be performed more safely through DfS.
- Background in Civil and Structural Engineering, with at least 3-5 years' site and design office experiences and have good knowledge of local WSH legislation.
- Be effective in problem analysis and decision making and have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work effectively under pressure, and respond appropriately and competently to challenges.
Closing on 14 Jun 2021