Strategic Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Systems Engineer
MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) aspires to be world-class in delivering a safe and secure home for our people. In pursuing our mission to help make Singapore safe and secure, we remain always constant and true to our core values of Honour and Unity.
You will be part of a dynamic team responsible for the architecting and implementing of strategic ICT systems to build capability across our enterprise platforms. You will be involved in the active review of systems and be responsible in the re-engineering, co-creation, management, support of systems that enhance the capabilities of the organisation. You will work closely with vendors, infrastructure and applications teams to enable the roll out of systems related to cloud infrastructure, containers, network and systems enablement and security.
Your primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Participate in the evaluation of relevant ICT infrastructure technologies
- Participate in project planning, and provide inputs on the technical design of systems
- Contribute in the development of infrastructure Policies, Governance, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Provide technical support and advice to users on systems-related issues or queries
- Participate in the investigation and problem resolution of technical issues
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related ICT disciplines
- Diploma holders with experiences in system operation and support will be considered
- Candidates with no prior experience but have interests in ICT infrastructure technologies may apply
- Strong systems, network, security, and applications background would be preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and vertical skills with deep grounding on fundamentals.
- Ability to coordinate, organise, prioritise and multi-task
- Versatile in learning and strong desire to remain up-to-date with changes in technology and best industry practices
- Good team player who is able to work effectively at all levels of an organisation, with the ability to contribute constructive and practical ideas
All applicants will be notified on whether they are shortlisted or not within 4 weeks of the closing date of this job posting.
Closing on 26 Apr 2021