System Engineer (Plant Automation / Process control)
AVENTIS PHARMA MANUFACTURING PTE LTD
Healthcare / Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing
S$4500 - S$9000
The System Engineer will report to the Site Automation Team Leader and is part of site automation team to support project and maintenance activities related to all the Process Control Systems used for the manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients at Sanofi Jurong manufacturing facility. The System Engineer is accountable to Site technical and functional goals at all time that are in line with Company Policies, Regulatory Standards, Statutory guidelines and requirements.
SITE LEVEL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Main responsibility is to support site Automation team in executing the automation aspects of site projects
- Execute control system validation activities as per the site standard procedures adhering to project schedule
- Assist in management of change control programs to ensure compliance with site needs and regulatory requirements.
- Execution of plant modifications and projects in the site with safety and quality as priority
- Estimates, tracks and completes multiple projects simultaneously on time by coordinating with Production and project team
- Responsible for the engineering documentation for design and control system qualification and ensure the system is in validated state
- Follow Plant Modification Request (PMR) process to ensure modification requests are executed as per site procedure.
- Liaise and manage relationship with the contractors to ensure smooth and safe implementation of projects
- Participate in safety reviews and HAZOP for projects and ensure the implementation of the action items
FUNCTIONAL LEVEL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and monitor all Process Control Systems and infrastructure at site that supports the process operations
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Responsible for routine and preventive maintenance works for the control systems and ensure the systems are available 24x7 without any downtime for Production operations
- Coordinate and execute Computerised system validation tasks for the change controls and projects
- To maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards, procedures and complying with legal codes and regulations
- Responsibility to adhere to site applicable HSE requirements and Life Saving Rules
- Establish and manage critical spares for automation related parts
- Ensure that the site's compliance (safety and quality) metrics are met or surpassed while meeting corporate and site standards and policies
- Commitment to a fair and respectful relationship to others and behaviour in accordance with Sanofi’s Code of Conduct
- Drive innovation within automation and controls to achieve improvements to plant operations / throughput / compliance
- Providing out-of- office hours technical support to rectify technical issues and queries as per productions request
- Degree in relevant Engineering (Mechatronics / Electrical / Control and Instrumentation) with minimum 5 years hands-on experience to provide E&I & Process Control System maintenance and services in a cGMP environment.
- Good understanding of instrumentation and SCADA based control system (Emerson Delta V experience is preferred )
- Good understanding to troubleshoot and program using functional block diagram
- Knowledge in troubleshooting control system hardware
- Basic knowledge for server administration and network administration
- Knowledge of CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) – SAP is an advantage.
- Proven team player and an independent worker.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent equipment trouble shooting, problem solving and technical report writing skills.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships between teams and departments.
- Proficient in oral and written communication/documentation including reading and writing English.
- Proficient in MS Office tools such as MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Projects
- Practical knowledge of lean sigma methodology a plus.
Closing on 12 Feb 2021