Tax Officer (Individual Income Tax Division)
INLAND REVENUE AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE
Public / Civil Service
• Act as an agent of the Government and provide service in administering, assessing, collecting and enforcing payment of taxes
• Advise the Government and represent Singapore internationally on matters relating to taxation
Make your mark. Create an impact.
As a tax professional, you have tax knowledge at your fingertips and the heart to build a socially-responsible taxpaying community. At IRAS, we offer you the space to apply your knowledge as we transform to redefine experiences for taxpayers. You will apply your resourcefulness, strong communication skills and expertise in administering a suite of tax services ranging from service, compliance and policy formulation.
The officer will be deployed to one of the following branches listed below:
1. Individual Income Tax - Employee
- To review and process tax returns of employees
- To handle general and technical enquiries on individual income tax
2. Individual Income Tax - Self Employed
- Review and raise assessments of individual self-employed persons and partnerships
- Provide assistance to self-employed taxpayers on clarification of tax treatment and law as well as educate them on Individual Income Tax matters
- Handle enquiries/ appeals received via emails/correspondences
3. Individual Income Tax - R&C
- Use of data analytics methods to analyse data for helping to identify service improvement and compliance risks, manpower planning etc
4. Individual Income Tax - Foreigner & Clearance
- Handle enquiries received via emails and correspondence
- Process tax returns and perform post assessment review
- Review cases thrown out by systems for exceptional handling
- Prior experience in handling email enquiries is preferred
- Relevant experience in individual income tax would be advantageous
- Good knowledge of the principles of taxation of business and accounting
- Good communication skills (includes written and verbal)
- Resourceful and able to work independently in a team environment
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Successful candidates will be hired on a 2 year contract basis.
Closing on 16 Jun 2021