Tax Officer/Senior Tax Officer [Tax Service Delivery]
INLAND REVENUE AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE
Public / Civil Service
Make your mark. Create an impact.
At IRAS, we partner you to deliver quality tax services and foster a competitive tax environment for our nation’s social and economic growth. By leveraging digital capabilities as part of a future-ready team, your opportunities keep expanding.
As a tax professional, you have tax knowledge at your fingertips and the heart to build a socially responsible taxpaying community. At IRAS, we offer you the space to apply your knowledge as we transform to redefine experiences for taxpayers. You will apply your resourcefulness, strong communication skills and expertise in administering a suite of tax services ranging from service, compliance and policy formulation.
The result? Your mark of insight on tax services which are transformational.
- Handle frontline duties at the counter, over the telephone and via email
- Provide assistance to taxpayers on clarification of tax practices, application of tax laws and assessments
- Handle referral enquiries and provide education on GST matters
- Conduct desk and field based audits on taxpayers to deter non-compliance and improve voluntary compliance
Service Experience Centre
- Handle frontline duties via telephone, Live Chat and interviews
- Provide assistance to taxpayers’ general and technical enquiries on Individual Income Tax (Singaporean and Foreign Employees), Business Income Tax (self-employed and partnerships), Tax Clearance and Property Tax
- Provide quality taxpayer service and clarification of tax practices, application of tax laws and assessments
- Apply user experience design methodology to gather customer insights, develop service analytics models to anticipate the needs of taxpayers
- Develop and maintain digital e-systems, intelligent bots, design infographics and other interactive tools to improve the overall digital experience of taxpayers
Corporate Tax Division
- Handle taxpayer enquiries over the telephone, via correspondence or through interviews
- Provide assistance to taxpayers on the clarification of tax practices, application of tax laws and assessments
- Guide companies in understanding and complying with their tax obligations through taxpayer education and the encouragement of voluntary compliance
- Carry out effective & appropriate enforcement actions against taxpayers who do not file tax returns/accounts on time and who do not pay tax assessed in a timely manner
- Provide assistance to taxpayers via telephone or through written correspondence
- Support the Manager and supervisors on technical, systems and procedural issues that may arise from complex situations
Property Tax Division (position closed)
- Review taxpayers' appeals and respond to enquiries via written correspondence
- Participate in projects to improve service delivery via electronic channels
- Review and improve system rules, work practices and operational procedures
- Process manual property tax computations for complex cases
- Diploma/Degree in any discipline
- Experience in customer service, good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to question, probe and analyse
- Organized and systematic in handling data
- Resourceful and able to work independently in a team environment
IRAS Recruitment Chatbot, JAC, will guide you along on your application process. This will be on a secured third party platform. All responses will be kept absolutely confidential.
Closing on 10 Aug 2021