Technical Manager, Accounting Standards Council
ACCOUNTING AND CORPORATE REGULATORY AUTHORITY
Accounting / Auditing / Taxation, Public / Civil Service
The Accounting Standards Council (ASC) is the independent body established under the Accounting Standards Act to formulate accounting standards for companies, charities, co-operative societies and societies in Singapore.
ASC’s broad policy position is to align Singapore accounting standards with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS Standards) issued by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB). ASC aims to actively contribute to the development of IFRS Standards that reflect the economic substance of transactions, both in Singapore and globally.
We are looking for candidates with an aspiration of shaping developments in accounting standards setting to join ASC Secretariat as Technical Manager.
As a key position in ASC Secretariat, the role provides technical accounting specialist support to ASC and contributes to the overall achievement of ASC’s statutory objectives. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Providing technical analysis in accounting standards setting
- Provide technical accounting support to ASC and assist ASC to discharge its duties under the Accounting Standards Act.
- Manage technical accounting projects, for example, obtain stakeholder feedback, perform research and analysis, and develop comments on consultation documents issued by IASB and recommendations on the adoption of IFRS Standards by ASC.
- Monitor emerging issues in accounting standards, support ASC in formulating a Singapore position, and engage, or contribute to the engagement of, IASB staff on the Singapore position.
- Organise, provide technical accounting input to, and participate in, focus group discussions and stakeholder outreaches of ASC.
Develop public communications and manage coordination with external parties where appropriate.
2. Supporting ASC engagement processes with international and regional bodies
- Provide strategic and technical accounting support to ASC representatives on, for example, the committees of regional accounting standards setting bodies.
- Provide strategic and technical accounting support to ASC delegation in meetings with IASB, regional and national accounting standards setting bodies, and other accountancy bodies.
- Relevant professional qualifications in Accountancy
- Approximately 8–10 years of working experience, inclusive of managerial role, in the application, interpretation and analysis of accounting standards
- Able to provide insightful analysis on technical accounting matters
- Able to support and/or participate in ASC engagement with various stakeholder groups in the financial reporting and accounting standards setting community
- Good technical accounting knowledge and writing skills are essential
Applicants will be notified on whether they are shortlisted within 4 weeks of the closing date of this job posting.
Closing on 18 Apr 2021