METTA WELFARE ASSOCIATION
Medical / Therapy Services, Social Services
Permanent, Full Time
S$1500 - S$2200
Metta Day Rehabilitation Centre for the Elderly (慈光乐龄日间康复中心) was established in June 1998 to provide rehabilitative care to those suffering from physical impairment due to stroke, Parkinson’s disease or other injuries.
With a maximum capacity of 75 from various race, language or religion, our services are geared towards maximising our patients’ independence level, while offering respite to their families and caregivers. Our centre executes our vision of care to maximise their functional level by providing a comprehensive range of rehabilitative and social support services all under one roof.
We focus on assisting our daily clientele in regaining maximum functional capability through rehabilitative treatment and engaging in active lifestyles by
means of social programmes.
As a Therapy Aide, the candidate is responsible in the following areas:
1. To carry out the physiotherapy care plan as assigned by the Physiotherapist
2. To carry out occupational therapy care plan as assigned by the Occupational therapist
3. To attend to clients’ needs.
4. To assist in lifting and transferring clients where necessary.
5. To report any abnormalities that is present in the clients.
6. To record and document the therapy sessions performed by the clients daily.
7. Proper handling of rehabilitative equipment.
8. Maintenance of rehabilitative equipment and to report any faults to the Physiotherapist.
9. To ensure a safety environment for the clients to perform the therapies.
10. To accompany the clients to and fro MDRC to their homes in MDRC transport.
11. To accompany and ensure safety of the clients during outdoor activities.
12. To assist in Metta fund raising activities
- Minimum Secondary school education/WSQ certificate in Therapy services / NITEC in Therapy Services or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of related experience
- Must be able to handle stroke elderly clients
- Conversant Bilingually and dialects
- Ability to work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Hardworking, meticulous and responsible.
- Service oriented with good communication skills
Closing on 31 Mar 2021