Threat Hunting & Response Manager
NOVARTIS (SINGAPORE) PTE LTD
Healthcare / Pharmaceutical
S$15800 - S$23700
15 Petabyte of data hosted, 49 countries supported, 15000 servers and thousands of devices to connect locations and businesses.
Information is clearly one of Novartis` most valuable asset.
In ISRM (Information Security and Risk Management), we implement and maintain solutions that secure the Novartis environment, protect our data and provide the necessary control framework to enable compliance with the various regulations associated with the healthcare industry.
105,000 outstanding individuals work with Novartis all with different needs and aspirations. Aligned to a single inspirational purpose to reimagine medicine for millions of patients across the world.
Join us and directly contribute to Novartis’ vision to Reimagine Medicine.
The Threat Hunting and Response Manager will be an integral part of the Novartis Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC). The CSOC is an advanced global team passionate about the active defense against the most sophisticated cyber threats and attacks. The Threat Hunting and Response Manager will leverage a variety of tools and resources to proactively detect, investigate, and mitigate emerging and persistent threats impacting Novartis’ networks, systems, users, and applications. This role will involve coordination and communication with technical and nontechnical teams, including security leadership and business stakeholders. As an experienced skilled analyst, this role will also involve supervising, coaching, and mentoring a team of junior and senior analysts.
Technical Team Manager:
• Supervise and manage a team of diverse skillsets and personalities. Evaluate and review performance; provide coaching and mentoring; develop and track career improvement goals. Instill and maintain cohesiveness and positive working culture. Accountable for regional delivery around incident response and hunting team activities.
Forensics and Incident Response:
• Serve as escalation point for conducting investigations into security incidents involving advanced and sophisticated threat actors and TTPs. Perform forensic collection and analysis of electronic assets and devices, scripts and malicious software, and log sources from a variety of systems and applications. Manage incident response activities including scoping, communication, reporting, and long term remediation planning.
• Review incident and intelligence reports from a variety of internal and external sources and teams. Develop hypotheses, analyze techniques, and execute hunts to identify threats across the environment. Interface with security teams and business stakeholders to implement countermeasures and improve defenses.
Big Data analysis and reporting:
• Utilizing SIEM/Big data to identify abnormal activity and extract meaningful insights. Research, develop, and enhance content within SIEM and other tools.
Technologies and Automation:
• Interface with engineering teams to design, test, and implement playbooks, orchestration workflows and automations. Research and test new technologies and platforms; develop recommendations and improvement plans.
Day to day:
• Perform host based analysis, artifact analysis, network packet analysis, and malware analysis in support of security investigations and incident response. Coordinate investigation, containment, and other response activities with business stakeholders and groups.
• Develop and maintain effective documentation; including response playbooks, processes, and other supporting operational material. Perform quality assurance review of analyst investigations and work product; develop feedback and development reports. Provide mentoring of junior staff and serve as point of escalation for higher severity incidents. Develop incident analysis and findings reports for management, including gap identification and recommendations for improvement.
• Recommend or develop new detection logic and tune existing sensors / security controls. Work with security solutions owners to assess existing security solutions array ability to detect / mitigate the abovementioned TTPs. Creating custom SIEM queries and dashboards to support the monitoring and detection of advanced TTPs against Novartis network.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Effectively investigate to identify root cause, including attack vector, exploitation, and other techniques utilized to bypass security controls. Accurately diagnose impact, damage, and mitigation techniques needed to restore business operations and minimize reoccurrence.
• Identify technology and process gaps that affect CSOC services; develop solutions and make recommendations for continuous improvement. Provide oversight and support for first level monitoring and triage to ensure effective operations and mitigation of lower impact incidents. Good cultural orientation and strong influencer of information risk management, information security, IT security, to be embedded across IT, OT and Medical Technologies.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• University working and thinking level, degree in business/technical/scientific area or comparable education/experience. Professional information security certification, such as CISSP, CISM or ISO 27001 auditor / practitioner is preferred. Professional (information system) risk or audit certification such as CIA, CISA or CRISC is preferred. 8+ years of experience in Incident Response / Computer Forensics / CSOC team / Threat Hunting or related fields.
• Experienced IT administration with broad and in-depth technical, analytical and conceptual skills. Experience in reporting to and communicating with senior level management (with and without IT background, with and without in depth risk management background) on incident response topics.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; interpersonal and collaborative skills; and the ability to communicate information risk-related and incident response concepts to technical as well as nontechnical audiences. Excellent understanding and knowledge of general IT infrastructure technology and systems.
• Proven experience to initiate and manage projects that will affect CSOC services and technologies. Good understanding of pharmaceutical industry. Good understanding and knowledge of business processes in a global pharmaceutical industry.
• Good mediation and facilitation skills. Good knowledge of IT Security Project Management. Experience with security incident monitoring and response related to medical devices. Knowledge of (information) risk management related standards or frameworks such as COSO, ISO 2700x, CobiT, ISO 24762, BS 25999, NIST, ISF Standard of Good Practice and ITIL. Knowledge of security frameworks such as Hitrust. Host and network based forensic collection and analysis. Dynamic malware analysis, reverse engineering, and/or scripting abilities. Proficient with Encase, Responder, X-Ways, Volatility, FTK, Axiom, Splunk, Wireshark, and other forensic tools. Understanding of Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) and associated tactics.
• Research, enrichment, and searching of indicators of compromise. Very strong team and interpersonal skills along with the ability to work independently and achieve individual goals. Coordinate with other team members to achieve the specified objectives. Effective oral and written communication skills.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Closing on 12 Mar 2021