UX Designer, Development Centre
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Public / Civil Service
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
As a Senior UX Designer you have a passion for solving UX challenges and ability to distil complex issues into useful and intuitive design solutions for our users.
We invite interested applicants who are passionate about change and transformation to join us and take on the exciting and challenging roles of designing, developing and implementing our new digital service.
What to Expect:
- Design innovative web/mobile/tablet experiences based on the understanding of personas, their behaviour and needs, as well as competitive market research and business strategy
- Consult with stakeholders to understand their goals and propose a user-centric approach to improve digital services
- Create and rapidly iterate on ideas in order to develop them via storyboards, user flows, mock-ups, and prototypes, or other methods as needed
- Drive user research activities such as, usability testing, A/B testing, stakeholder interviews, surveys, and translate research findings into actionable recommendations
- Be involved in the whole UX design process from research to frontend development, or whichever part of the spectrum you’re comfortable with
- Drive and guide execution of design vision across different products and services.
- Establish guidelines to ensure high quality and evidence-based design and delivery, including reviewing compliance to defined standards
- Oversee and sustain the design system as well as guide all aspects of UX including: design research, design strategy, user experience, usability testing, interaction/content design and prototyping.
- Work closely with Product Owners to ensure all design work meets user needs and business requirements
- Create a design-minded environment and build design capabilities amongst project team members
How to Succeed:
- Degree or Diploma in Human Computer Interactions, Design, Psychology, Computer Sciences or related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years of UX experience
- Understanding of web design and development, with a portfolio that demonstrates your experience creating great user-centric design solutions Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team
- Good organisational, presentation and listening skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and good problem solving skills
- Expertise with popular design tools and software e.g. Balsamiq, Axure, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite
- At least 3 – 4 years’ working experience in software development or similar fields
- Has previous experience leading a team in UX design and/or previous experience working in the Government sector will be an added advantage
Closing on 24 Dec 2021