#SGUNITED TRAINEESHIPS - PLANNING EXECUTIVE (CONSERVATION)
URBAN REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
Planning Executive (Conservation) Traineeship
The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) is a statutory board under the Ministry of National Development (MND). As the custodian of Singapore’s built heritage, URA is responsible for recommending buildings for conservation, regulating restoration projects, and the planning and management of heritage districts. We also promote awareness of our built heritage and best practices in restoration and management of the buildings.
Through our built heritage, we aim to connect the past, present and future generations of Singaporeans.
As a Planning Executive in the Conservation Department, you will be part of the team to protect and promote Singapore’s conservation areas and buildings and be directly involved in a variety of work involving Singapore’s heritage.
You will work closely with and in support of our professional team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Digitize and prepare data and maps using geographic information systems (GIS);
- Support the development and maintenance of digital planning tools and systems;
- Assist planners and architects in the maintenance, extraction and analysis of data using GIS software (e.g. ArcGIS) and/or other applications (AutoCAD, BIM, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.); and
- Conduct visual surveys and digitize photographs and data collected of conserved buildings for analysis and integration with digital planning tools and systems.
- Polytechnic diploma in Architecture, Building Construction, Information Technology or related fields with an interest in architectural heritage and local identity
- Relevant experience or interest in GIS technologies and/or ESRI ArcGIS products will be an advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think on the feet and be resourceful
- Proficient in MS Office Applications, CAD software, Photoshop and digital photography
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
Closing on 25 Apr 2021