#SGUnitedJob Data Analytics Lead
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
Are you interested in leading a data science team and excited to showcase how data can optimize the agency’s work processes?
We are looking for a Data Analytics Lead who will help drive a strong data science culture within the agency. We envision that data science will be more pervasive within the agency, e.g. more divisions implementing data science projects, so part of your work is being this change agent.
This opportunity offers an interesting experience of applying ‘hard’ technical skills with ‘soft’ business and communication skills. You will need to understand the agency’s business domains, explore and scope new projects such that insights are actionable and models can be operationalized. You will also provide technical data science guidance to the team to ensure that the analytics approach is robust and meets the business users’ needs. You should also excite senior management on the possibilities of data science, and clearly articulate the impact of such projects.
You will be working on Enterprise Singapore (ESG) projects where data science can be applied to help the government stay closer to needs of SMEs, and help them grow beyond our local market. This includes projects ranging from process optimization to strategy formulation. There will also be opportunity to contribute to other whole-of-government analytics projects as an exposure to the wider themes of data science work.
Candidates must have working experience on data analytics, be comfortable with hands-on data manipulation, data modelling and data visualization, be able to engage stakeholders on refining their business problems, and have a keen sense to spot more impactful projects.
What to Expect:
- Chart and drive the data analytics strategy at Enterprise Singapore,
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand their needs, scope the problems and develop business case to operationalize insights from data,
- Guide a team of data scientists to perform data cleaning, pre-processing, feature engineering and build relevant models to conduct meaningful analysis,
- Depending on the required business needs, designing of dashboards and interactive visualization as tools for data exploration may be expected, and;
- Potentially deployed to other public agencies to be their Data Analyst Lead, which would involve leading a data analytics team and driving the data science culture within the agency.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Quantitative Social Science or related degrees. Advanced degrees preferred. We will also factor in relevant certifications, e.g. Coursera,
- Minimally 5 years of relevant working experience, preferably in public sector or data science field,
- Experience in leading a data science team, and implementing domain-specific analytics project is a plus,
- Ability to take a broad, strategic perspective as well as drill deep to understand business needs and challenges,
- Understand key concepts, techniques and considerations in machine learning and data analytics,
- Training and relevant experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Data science tools such as R, Python
- Visual analytics technologies like Tableau, Qlik
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with ability to pitch ideas and influence stakeholders,
- Team player with strong organization and people management skills, and;
- Passion for the use of analytics and data to improve public service.
Closing on 24 May 2021