#SGUnitedJob Deputy Director, Planning and Special Projects, Cybersecurity Group
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
The Cyber Security Group (CSG) is the cybersecurity arm of GovTech that is committed to creating a safe and secure digital government. CSG delivers technical and operational capabilities to counteract cyber threats, provides thought leadership on transformative cybersecurity governance and policies, and strengthens the cybersecurity posture of government agencies in a manner that is sustainable, pragmatic, and effective.
If you are someone with a strong cybersecurity background who is passionate about technology and looking for opportunities to work with a team of practitioners and leading industry experts, we welcome you to join CSG.
As a Deputy Director (Planning & Special Projects) you will be tasked to lead, develop and drive cyber security strategies and plans to protect the IT interests of the Whole-of-Government (WOG). You will be a change agent to support the secure adoption of new technologies and to influence through policy positions, a risk-based approach towards cybersecurity controls.
What to Expect:
- Responsible to lead the strategic planning for the cybersecurity defense of WOG
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to establish, formulate and monitor the cybersecurity programmes and initiatives and ensure they are in line with GovTech’s cybersecurity directions.
- Lead cybersecurity strategy and plans formulation, conceptualization of new initiatives for WOG to ensure continuous and relevant protection of the WOG ICT assets
- Develop and continually enhance an architectural view of WOG cybersecurity measures, and developmental roadmaps of key capabilities
- Engage and influence stakeholders’ expectations of GovTech’s cybersecurity strategy, policy, posture and defensive measures.
- Review, endorse, align and ensure cybersecurity considerations in GovTech’s corporate strategic plans with proper risk management and migration plans
- Strategize and drive partnership with the cybersecurity ecosystem, as well as engage the industry and professional communities to augment GovTech’s cybersecurity capabilities
- Assess and advise senior stakeholders on the latest strategic and geopolitical developments in cybersecurity, emerging information technology landscape, and innovative security products and technologies that may drive changes in cybersecurity strategies and policies
- Lead cybersecurity resource planning and management, track and analyse programme progress and performance, and catalyst enhancements to strengthen cybersecurity capabilities in Government
- Benchmark WOG cybersecurity programmes, capabilities and performance against industry, international and leading institutions’s standards, best practices and norms
How to Succeed:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent. Post graduate degree in business management or Technology management.
- Over 15 years of working experience in cybersecurity strategy development and designing/implementation of cybersecurity policies, procedures and management framework.
- Has strong cyber security policy development background, preferably with knowledge in agile methodology
- Certification in related cyber security professional body, e.g. CISM, CISA, CISSP preferred.
- Knowledge on security controls requirements, technology processes, security policies, risk measurements and best practices.
- Possess good communication skills with the ability to build effective and strong working relationships with all levels.
- Strong leadership and management skills with proven stakeholder management experience.
- Excellent written and presentation skills required.
Closing on 24 May 2021