#SGUnitedJobs Application Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud/ DevOps)
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
We are looking for an Infrastructure and Cloud Technical Consultant cum Architect with broad and deep technical expertise across multiple domains, best practices and technologies. One of the key areas is to tap on your technical skillset to design scalable, secure and reliable system solutions and infrastructure reference architecture on both traditional on premise infrastructure and Cloud platforms. You should demonstrate knowledge and proven records in the design and/ or operations of PaaS or IaaS workloads across multiple hosting technologies, with an intermediate-level technical appreciation of DevOps Engineering concepts, infrastructure provisioning, monitoring, patching and overall system administration methodology.
What to Expect:
- Provide subject matter expertise around the area of technical infrastructure and Cloud computing platforms.
- Involved in supporting infrastructure architecture, resource planning, system performance and overall infrastructure operating environment for one or more Cloud computing platforms.
- Lead or support in the development of application infrastructure reference architecture, system integration and infrastructure performance management practices.
- Manages both on premise and Cloud infrastructure services to support application systems environments by working closely with Applications Service Consultants at Public Service agencies.
- Develop, or guide the development of automations to enable software build, software release, application deployment, system management and related activities.
- Understands systems operations environment and drive Architecture Review and Governance Process to ensure smooth and sustainable operations, including system resiliency, security and performance requirements.
How to Succeed:
- Passion for automation, standardization and best practices
- Experience in software-defined infrastructure (OpenStack, CloudStack, VSphere)
- Experience with infrastructure provision tools (Docker, Ansible, Puppet, Chef etc.)
- Successful candidates need to demonstrate both deep and broad level of technical expertise in the area of Infrastructure Services, with appreciation of Infrastructure Management, Cloud Computing and DevOps Engineering concepts.
- Experience in public cloud providers such as AWS or Azure
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience
- Proactive and dedicated individual with good multi-tasking capabilities.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Passion and belief in GovTech core values – Agile, Bold and Collaborative.
Closing on 24 May 2021