#SGunitedJobs Assistant Manager (Digital Innovation/Product Automation)
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
You innovate, streamline processes and automate products, as well as enable shorter information cycles in media operations by leveraging on technology. On this, you conduct horizon scanning to determine the best suited Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) solutions and other capabilities which will deliver the desired outcomes.
You are tasked to:
• Conduct research on the media/communications landscape, and the COTS products available that may digitally innovate existing products and processes;
• Consolidate the research and propose the most effective technological solutions that would digitalise and enable shorter information cycles;
• Conceptualise and develop automatically-generated reports by using COTS tools and/or coding to locate data and code formulae for automation purposes;
• Co-develop digital innovation solutions and assist with UI/UX designs for a web/mobile-based application; and
• Develop algorithms to automate various reports.
• Tertiary qualification in engineering, computer science, information science/technology or related fields
• Proficient in at least one or more of the following systems: VB, Power Query, Python, Java, and/or possesses related IT skills
• Possess strong problem solving and creative thinking skills; has details orientation
• Possess good understanding and experience in designing and developing automated reports and digital innovation technologies for the communications landscape
• Ability to understand concepts; and communicate well with operation and development teams
• Candidates with no experience may apply
• Successful candidates will be offered a 10-month contract
• Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
To apply, please submit your application at https://go.gov.sg/mindefste. Only applications submitted through this form will be processed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing on 25 Apr 2021