#SGUnitedJobs Cloud Security Specialist (SOC)
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
The Government Cybersecurity Consulting team in Cyber Security Group (CSG) in GovTech provides in depth technical Point-of-View of advanced security technologies and emerging technologies to support better use of technologies in Government and the Smart Nation initiatives.
What to expect:
You will fulfil the role of security subject matter expert in the area of cloud or Internet-of-Things (IoT) security for smart nation systems. You will be asked to apply your knowledge of cyber security principles and play a leading role in defining threat models and their respective mitigations. You will develop security guidelines for cloud and IoT and evangelize to appropriate technical staff. You will ensure security requirements are being adhered to at each stage of application development in a cloud environment. You will assist in stakeholder engagement, user, developer and vendor adoption of these services. You will participate in security governance and compliance activities to ensure effectiveness of emplaced security controls.
How to succeed:
- Bachelor’ or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or equivalent industry credentials, with 3-5 years relevant experience. Certification in CISSP, CCSP or SSCP will be a bonus.
- Knowledge of cyber security principles and their applications in an enterprise environment; experience in a real-time environment would be a plus.
- Experience with cloud/data environment and at least 1 or more commercial public cloud platforms, and application of security best practices for cloud security. Knowledge in IoT or IoT Security will be an advantage.
- Familiar with common application vulnerabilities, security issues and technical knowledge to address and mitigate them.
- Team player, self-starter with excellent communication skills for cross-team engagements, ability to manage IT projects independently, and demonstrated ability to engage and influence stakeholders, align interests and build partnership
Closing on 24 May 2021