#SGunitedJobs Data Scientist
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
You interpret data and analytic output to draw conclusions and support data decision making. This includes using a range of software and analytical tools, applying statistical analysis techniques, and presenting the output of analysis to stakeholders/management.
You work with both structured and unstructured data to derive insights to key business problems and deliverables
You will be tasked to:
• Prepare findings in a professional manner, present results and provide actionable recommendations
• Identify, analyse and interpret trends, patterns, and relationships using analytical tools and models
• Recognise and define process improvement opportunities
• Create dashboards for reporting of data to management
Key Requirements (about 4 to 6 pointers)
• Tertiary qualification in Computer Science/ Statistics/ Mathematics/ Economics/ Engineering or related fields
• Good team player, while also independent and resourceful
• Good communication and strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise and analyse information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Hands-on experience in programming for data wrangling and statistics using R
• Able to build, customise and implement data models, algorithms and experiments
• Open mindset for development in other relevant data analytics / mining languages and visualisation tools
• Successful candidates will be offered a 3-month contract
• Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
To apply, please submit your application at https://go.gov.sg/mindefste. Only applications submitted through this form will be processed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing on 25 Apr 2021