#SGUnitedJobs Deputy Director/Assistant Director, Whole of Government (WOG) Integrated Risk Management
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
Digitalising Governance (Information, Communications Technology & Smart Systems – ICT & SS) is a shift in the mental model from a conventional “gate-keeper” of policies to a governance mind-set that is pro-active, data-driven and more anticipatory in managing ICT & SS risks.
Your primary focus will be to operationalize the Integrated Sense Making and Anticipatory Risk Management to identify top and emerging ICT & SS risk issues that straddle across WOG. This change in concept of operations for more pro-active and anticipatory risk management will be enabled by a WOG platform with a single authoritative repository of WOG ICT&SS system assets, and a central repository of audit findings, issue re-mediation, cybersecurity incidents, system disruptions.
What to Expect:
- Lead and drive the implementation of ICT & SS Risk Management activities/ initiatives as part of the WOG-wide rollout of the Risk management programme
- Maintain/ Revise ICT & SS Risk Management Framework and formulate any associated technology risk management policies taking reference from industry standards on Risk, Program and Control frameworks, such as from NIST, ISO27000 series, Center for Internet Security (CIS) Controls, COBIT etc.
- Develop risk analytics model, perform risk assessment and provide insights on the state of ICT governance for WOG, ministry family and agency. Engage agencies across WOG to improve on effectiveness of ICT governance.
- Provide effective challenge on risk assessments, risk deviations and action plans to address prevailing and emerging cyber/ technology risks
- Provide independent reporting on the technology and cyber risk posture
- Perform analysis of technology risk metrics for emerging risk trends and proactively work at WOG, Ministry Family and Agency level to address the risk
- Facilitate and provide support to Ministry Families and Agencies in the development, conduct and validation of risk management activities including risk self-assessments, risk deviations, risk metrics and associated response/mitigations
- Act as a subject matter expert in relation to ICT & SS risk management. Develop and maintain strong business, operations and technology relationships, becoming a trusted partner.
- Provide advisory on ICT & SS risks on new digital initiatives, as well as adoption of new and emerging technologies.
- Build a culture focused on the pro-active awareness and improvement of the risk environment.
How to Succeed:
- 15 - 20 years’ working experience, including experience working in the public sector at WOG level or for large banking or multinational corporation organizations for at least regional level. Passionate in Technology Risk Management, with minimum 10 years of experience related to technology, information security, and/ or technology control functions such as audit or risk management.
- Exhibit forward-thinking foresight. Fast learner who can quickly adapt, prioritize and respond to the requests of multiple stakeholders with limited situational context
- Possess Degree in IT or equivalent with preferably professional certifications such as CRISC, CISA, CISSP and with proven ability to operationalize digital platform enabled technology risk management and enterprise data warehouse/data mart and reporting for business analytics, risk management, project portfolio management, finance and regulatory reporting.
- Possess strong communication skills and capable of engaging senior stakeholders as well as relate to different levels across WOG, Ministry Families and at Agency level
- Strong leadership and project management skills including the ability to lead teams and drive projects / initiatives across multiple Business Units
- Capability in using data analytics to glean insights from disparate datasets
- Resourceful, Driven, Adaptive and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- High integrity, personal and professional conduct
Closing on 11 May 2021