#SGUnitedJobs Distinguished Engineer- Data Science and AI
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
Distinguished Engineers are recognized as experts in one or more domains within GovTech and across the industry. They represent the senior technical experts within the organization and have a strong track record of growing and influencing others.
The Singapore Government is taking a more integrated approach to lay the foundation infrastructure, and drive pervasive adoption of digital and smart technologies throughout the economy and society. GovTech's Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (AI) team uses technology and data to help deliver high-quality digital services to citizens and businesses in Singapore. We build software for government agencies to better understand and use their data to improve operations and decision making.
As a Distinguished Engineer- Data Science and AI, you will be responsible for helping to shape the direction of the organization; working with the delivery teams, senior leaders, vendors, and partners to influence technology roadmaps and the adoption of new technologies across the enterprise. In addition, you will teach, mentor, and grow other domain experts within the organization by connecting teams to one another in a spirit of collaboration and champion opportunities to make teams more effective.
What to Expect
- Responsible for driving innovative initiatives that build analytics capabilities across the whole of Government.
- Develop a strategic sense of key organisations, software and hardware tools, methodologies, and best practices in the Data Science and AI landscape.
- Analyse and solve complex engineering problems, and translate architecture into implementation.
- Be the bridge between engineering and product line management and translate market requirements into product definitions.
- Educate the team on new technological advances and work alongside them to produce proof of concepts.
- Direct and oversee long term research projects, along with short-term production-driven model iterations.
- Provide an expert perspective and help shape GovTech’s related strategy and initiatives.
- Be the technical ambassador for the organization and demonstrate field of expertise by writing internal blogs or publish white papers.
How to Succeed
- PhD degree in Engineering or relevant area such as Machine Learning/ Statistics/Information Theory/ Theoretical Computer Science, and 12 years of experience in corporate or academic research, or Master’s / Bachelor’s degree with 15-20 years of experience in the above mentioned fields/ research and development.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Data science tools, AI domain and popular programming languages.
- Experience with Big Data and distributed computing, and working in agile environment.
- Compelling contributions in the area of Data Science and AI through new technology developments and research
- Over 10 years’ experience building prototypes to demonstrate technology opportunities, design system architectures, manage deployments to cloud and on-premise infrastructure
- Company recognized expert with proven technical leadership
- Key influencer in new product or service development and demonstrated experience launching in collaboration with business or partner
- Proven expertise developing complex systems from architecture to implementation
- Have the desire to serve the public through the use of technology.
Closing on 01 May 2021