#SGUnitedJobs Infrastructure Engineer
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
As an Infrastructure Engineer in GovTech’s Data Science & Artificial Intelligence Division, you will be involved in managing and running data science and analytics platforms that support agencies across the Whole-of-Government. You will assist to establish and implement effective operational workflows, procedures and best practices in accordance with government infrastructure and security policies to ensure that the platforms are monitored, secure, available and reliable.
We are looking for an independent and motivated engineer who has experience in both small and large scale projects, building and maintaining the infrastructure.
What to Expect:
- Managing on-prem and/or on-cloud system.
- Be responsible on the IT Operations such as (but not limited to):
- Maintain and optimize servers, storage, file servers and software
- Devices, equipment and access management
- Data backup and system security operations (e.g. user authorization, firewalls)
- Manage assets and inventory tracking
- Liaise with vendors and engineers for installations/replacements, upgrades and configuration of hardware, software and patches.
- Administer, monitor and maintain Linux & Windows servers, storages and NAS servers and Big Data clusters.
- Perform troubleshooting when systems are down
- Provide 1st-2nd tier IT support to users.
- Maintain and update operational documents
How to Succeed:
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related disciplines
- Minimum 2 years of experience in IT Operation works. Candidates with more experiences will be considered for senior position.
- Provides supports to ensure the platform is secure, available and reliable.
- Provide inputs to optimise and automate existing workflows and processes so that issues from the systems can be quickly brought to attention and escalated if necessary.
- Assist in evaluating new hardware and software for technical refresh.
- Maintain hardware and software assets and inventory to ensure they are updated.
- Set up, install, configure and deploy new servers, and perform hardening based on established guidelines and best practices.
- Manage projects with vendors to set up, install, configure and deploy hardware and software, or run POCs on existing systems.
- Ensure all systems have adequate hardware and software support.
- Guide and mentor new staff on technical expertise on running and maintaining systems.
Closing on 24 May 2021