#SGUnitedJobs Programme Manager, Digital Workplace Programme
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
The Government Infrastructure Group (GIG) is responsible for providing the ICT Infrastructure where the whole government will rely on for its digitalization effort and smart nation initiatives. The infrastructure layer covers the data centres, networks, cloud and endpoints. The modernization of the infrastructure and related services are underway and further efforts will be required to drive the adoption of advanced technologies to bring greater value to the country.
If you are someone with strong infrastructure background and passionate about technology, looking for opportunities to work with a team of practitioners and leading industry experts, we welcome you to join GIG.
About Digital Workplace Programme
The Digital Workplace Programme aims to transform the ICT infrastructure and standard business applications for the Whole-of-Government through the adoption of cloud technologies and services to change the way public officers access Government resources and collaborate with one another.
The Programme Manager will be responsible for leading the conceptualisation, development and implementation of Digital Workplace Programme. You will ensure synergy within and across government agencies. Project Management skill is a pre-requisite to be a Programme Manager.
What To Expect
- Lead and manage the overall programme conceptualisation to implementation for Whole of Governement Infrastructure programme.
- Partner key stakeholders to formulate new or review existing vision, goals and strategies for the Government.
- Plan and lead the development of the business case as well as the budget for the project.
- Conduct feasibility study on existing ICT gaps and opportunities to identify areas of strategic outcomes for improvement and exploitation.
- Develop benefits analysis and programme approaches to support the delivery of programme strategic outcomes.
- Prepare the programme proposal papers to seek management approval and secure funding for the programme.
- Plan, manage and optimize resource allocation, utilisation and costs in programme to deliver the programme within defined scope and objectives.
- Conduct regular reviews of projects within the programme to ensure timely delivery and compliance with service level requirements.
- Oversee implementation of an effective change management and communications plan to execute the agencies outreach strategies in order to drive programme adoption.
- Implement appropriate governance structure (e.g. committees), review and approval mechanisms.
- Identify potential project risks and the implications to the organisation and to recommend mitigating measures so as to manage the risks.
- Understand the IT management policy, quality management policy and security guidelines to ensure the development processes, procedures and systems are designed to comply with these policies and guidelines.
- Engage stakeholder(s) to recommend and justify new initiatives, and work on the conceptualisation, design, procurement, implementation, deployment of the initiatives.
- Develop professional profile and reputation in the larger IT community.
How To Succeed
- Relevant working experience with at least 4-5 years managerial experience
- Strong vendor and stakeholder management skills
- Able to work independently and as a good team player with analytical, management and planning skills.
- Track record of delivering superior results, commanding respect, and assuming leadership roles
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people at both junior and senior levels
- Project Management related certifications such as CITPM, COMIT or PMI.
- Agile related certification such as Certified Scrum Master.
- Pro-active, dynamic and with good analytical/conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
Closing on 12 Aug 2021