#SGUnitedJobs Quality Engineer
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
The Government Digital Services team is seeking an accomplished Quality Engineer. We are a team in GovTech that aims to design and develop software applications that help government agencies to better serve the needs of Singaporeans. We adopt an Agile development approach and work towards adopting tech best practices and cutting edge tools.
As a Quality Engineer, you have the opportunity to accelerate the delivery and to improve the quality of the software we build. You will be responsible for designing and implementing development and test infrastructure. You will be part of an Engineering team that is working on problems in a number of areas, including detecting security vulnerability, remediating load or performance issues and functional testing. Your focus is developing automated test scripts rather than finding bugs. Your job is to accelerate product development by helping developers help themselves.
You will typically work in small, nimble teams that collaborate on common problems across projects and across focus areas. As a result, you will have exposure to a broader set of problems, which allows for fast career growth and proximity to abundant technical problems.
GDS Quality Engineers are focused on the hardest, most interesting aspects of delivering high quality software. For someone who wants to learn and grow as an engineer, having access to all of cutting edge technologies and platform, along with the vast compute infrastructure provides a unique opportunity.
What to Expect:
- Build advanced automated test suites to exercise our world-class applications
- Work with the development and other engineering teams to automate testing, applying risk-based strategy
- Conduct static and dynamic application security testing (SAST and DAST)
- Conduct load and performance testing to identify systems’ bottleneck
- Conduct research on emerging technologies
- Analyze and decompose complicated software systems and design a strategy to test these systems
- Work with Product Owner and Business Analyst to craft user story acceptance criteria
- Conduct application performance and security testing to ensure we have a robust and secured system in place
- Maintain regression test suite in QA nightly build
- Actively refine smoke test suite in Development CI environment
- Lead system integration testing with other system owners
- Manage user acceptance testing
- Manage defect life cycle
- Drive continuous improvement in Agile testing practices and tools
How to Succeed:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years' experience in application exploratory testing and regression test automation, application performance testing, and/or application security testing
- Meticulous attention to details
- Good analytical, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience in agile development environment will be an added advantage
- Experience with open source automated testing framework like Robot Framework, Appium, Selenium or enterprise level testing tools (HP Mobile Center, HP UFT, HP QC and Sprinter) will be an added advantage
- Experience with open source performance testing tools like JMeter, Gatling or enterprise level testing tools (HP LoadRunner) will be an added advantage
- Experience with open source penetration testing tools like ZAP, Burp Suite, SQL Map, etc or enterprise level pentest tools (HP WebInspect, Nessus or CheckMarx) will be an added advantage
- Certified Software Testing Professional and/or Certified Software Quality Analyst and/or CREST/OSCP certification will be an added advantage
Closing on 06 Jul 2021