#SGunitedJobs Shipping Data Analyst
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
You are tasked to:
• Provide long term and forward-looking data research and analysis into maritime security threats. This includes novel methods to exploit data for useful trending and deeper insights to be applied in practical ways to secure the maritime domain;
• Conduct research and analysis of data, such as maritime industry and commercial shipping information, as well as criminal and terrorism-related developments relevant to the maritime domain from a range of sources; and
• Analyse existing data and identify new data sources to uncover trends, patterns, anomalies and unexpected observations in support of maritime threat assessment and sense-making operations.
• Tertiary qualification in any discipline
• Proficient in using Data Analytics and Business Intelligence tools (such as Python, Qliksense, Excel Pivot Table), as well as basic IT software (such as Microsoft Office Mix like Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
• Having an analytical mind and inclination for problem solving
• Successful candidates will be offered a 12-month contract
• Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
To apply, please submit your application at https://go.gov.sg/mindefste. Only applications submitted through this form will be processed.
Closing on 25 Apr 2021