#SGUnitedJobs Software Engineer (ACE-SafeEntry) #TTSE
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
About the division
As part of the Government Digital Services (GDS) Team, the Agile Consulting and Engineering (ACE) tribe aims to design and develop software applications that help government agencies better serve the needs of Singaporeans. We adopt an Agile development approach and work towards tech best practices and cutting edge tools.
We are seeking a highly motivated software engineer that will write beautiful code and satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of working software.
If you are looking for opportunities to collaborate with leading industry experts and be surrounded by highly motivated peers, we welcome you to join GDS. These are newly created positions with many opportunities for groundbreaking contributions.
What To Expect:
- Collaborate with government agencies to deliver high-quality software applications according to requirements
- Provide internal and external consultancy on software design, architecture and platforms
- Drive adoption of relevant, up-to-date technologies, practices and tools in Agile software projects
- Guide/mentor fellow developers to grow the overall competency of the team
How To Succeed:
- Experience in modern web application and mobile technologies such as Ruby on Rails, ReactJS and React Native.
- Extensive experience in designing, developing and deploying large, scalable production applications on cloud/PaaS platforms, such as Amazon’s cloud services
- Experience in Agile development teams, employing relevant methodologies and practices such as Scrum, Extreme Programming, Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Experience in containerization(docker) and design of API services would be advantageous
- Experience in a technical lead position would be highly advantageous
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant working experience is expected
- Preferred character/personality traits:
- Has high expectations of self
- Keen to share knowledge with team mates and mentor other developers
- Keen and quick to learn new skills
- Self-driven and independen
Closing on 12 Aug 2021