#SGUnitedJobs Software Engineer (D Cube)
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
We are a team in GovTech that seeks to design and develop software applications that help government agencies to better serve the needs of the people of Singapore. To that end, we employ an agile approach towards development, and work towards adopting the best practices and tools used in the top technology companies and organizations.
We are now looking for a top-notch Software Engineer to join us in this mission. We are not looking for a diva 10x software engineer. A wise developer once tweeted: “How to be a 10x engineer: help ten other engineers be twice as good.” That is the kind of 10x engineer we are looking for – a capability multiplier, someone who will freely share his skills and knowledge to level-up the whole development team. Are you the one? If so, you will be joining an agile software team, working on developing engaging, user-centric web and/or mobile applications through practices like pair programming and code reviews. You will also have opportunities to explore areas beyond software development, such as devops, cloud infrastructure, software QA.
- Work within agile development team to deliver high-quality software applications according to requirements. This may include: Web application front-ends and Web application/API back-ends
- Adopt proven software engineering practices like pair programming, code reviews, test-driven development.
- Experience in modern web application technologies such as Node.js, Ruby on Rails, React
- Experience in the following would be advantageous:
- Agile processes/practices (e.g. Scrum)
- Continuous integration/continuous deployment
- Cloud/PaaS platforms, such as AWS/Heroku/OpenShift
- Docker/container technology
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant working experience is preferred.
Preferred character/personality traits:
- Has high expectations of self
- Keen to share knowledge with team mates
- Curious, open to new ideas
- Quick to learn new skills
- Self-driven and independent
Closing on 14 Jul 2021