#SGUnitedJobs Trainee DevOps Engineer, Engineering Productivity #THR
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
This is a fixed-term programme with carefully designed training roadmap and milestone. You will be working in the Engineering Productivity team in Govtech. You will build technical competencies with the help of Govtechie mentors and groom your profile via tech for public good activities. As we launch new products, your role will be to ensure that the future of public service is not just functional, but delightful to use.
What to Expect:
- Manage the development of the internal engineering productivity tools and environments. Providing DevOps architecture implementation and operational support
- Architecture and planning for cloud deployments (Private and Public cloud);
- Be an innovative and hands-on DevOps engineer capable of looking at both the technology and strategy around the platform.
- Future-proofing the technical environments and ensuring extremely high levels of automation, availability, scalability and resilience.
- Manage the development of the internal engineering productivity tools and environments. Manage processes, automation, best practices, documentation.
- Development and operation of continuous integration and deployment pipelines. Monitoring automation to effectively detect/predict/prevent issues in the environment and code base.
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required
- Working with the latest tools and techniques
- Hands-on coding and mentoring, usually in a pair programming environment
- Working in highly collaborative teams and building quality environments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast paced, global environment
- Knowledge in lots of different open source technologies and configurations.
How to Succeed:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Communications or other related disciplines.
- Knowledge or experience in Devops automation, containerisation and orchestration using tools e.g. Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible and Docker
- Knowlegde of Cloud deployment (AWS) and/or experience with on-premise (VMware) etc.
- Understand/practice Agile methodologies
- Experience with highly scalable, distributed systems
- Breadth of knowledge - OS, networking, distributed computing, cloud computing
Closing on 22 Jul 2021