#SgUnitedJobs Trainee Software Engineer, Development Centre #THR
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
The Government Technology Agency (GovTech) aims to transform the delivery of Government digital services by taking an "outside-in" view, putting citizens and businesses at the heart of everything we do. We also develop the Smart Nation infrastructure and applications, and facilitate collaboration with citizens and businesses to co-develop technologies.
Join us as we support Singapore’s vision of building a Smart Nation - a nation of possibilities empowered through info-communications technology and related engineering.
This is a fixed-term trainee programme in one of GovTech's Development Centres. The programmes is carefully designed with training objectives and milestones. You will be building your technical capabilities, professional skills while exposing to tech for public good activities.
As a Trainee, you have a challenging role of delivering and maintaining a large-scale project using AGILE software development methodology.
You’ll get to:
● Assist BA on user stories elaboration
● Assist QE on test automation and bug fixes
● Assist DevOps on build and release automation
● Design and deliver working software applications to delight customers
● Improve software quality using XP practices such as code review and unit testing
● Prepare interface specs and other architecture documents
● Adheres to Software Craftsmanship Manifesto
What you’ll bring to the team:
● Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering, Information Technology or related disciplines.
● Familiar with both Windows and UNIX/Linux servers
● Familiar with Clean Code, Design Patterns and Unit Testing
● Familiar with multi-paradigm programming languages
● Good presentation and listening skills
● Fresh graduate with great technical chops may apply
Bonus points for:
● Experience in Agile and UX development environments
Closing on 21 Jul 2021