#SGUnitedJobs UX Designer (ACE- BGP)
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
The Government Digital Services (GDS) Team aims to spearhead the digital transformation of government.
GDS was established to develop new capabilities focusing on strategic systems of engagement where ICT provides a differentiating factor to citizens. The team functions to deliver digital information and transactional services leveraging on Agile Application Development, Analytics, User Experience Design, Design Thinking and Web Application Performance Optimisation.
If you are looking for opportunities to collaborate with leading industry experts and be surrounded by highly motivated peers, we welcome you to join GDS. These are newly created positions with many opportunities for ground-breaking contributions.
As an Interaction Designer, you solve interaction problems in products by applying concepts in human-computer/digital interfaces and user psychology.
As a UX Designer, you will get to:
- Transform complex and difficult tasks into accessible and easy to use solutions for citizens
- Surprise and inspire citizens by creating functional and fun-to-use interactions
- Transform subject-specific jargons into simple understandable copy appropriate for citizens
- Develop and implement processes and guidelines for copy development and interaction design while demonstrating a citizen-centric mindset
- Conduct product inception with product owners to understand the product requirements
- Conduct usability testing with citizens to discover their latent needs and learn about their pain points
- Analyse research findings and propose technically-feasible solutions
- Develop a sense of empathy with the users, and create usable products through the understanding of interaction design principles
As a UX designer, you need to:
- Be a good team player
- Have good organizational skills
- Have good user empathy skills
- Be a creative and strategic thinker
- Be a good presenter and listener
- Be open minded and explorative
- Up to date and active learning, you need to hone your skills, keep up with trends so that the experiences you have created is fresh and intuitive.
- Have knowledge and skills on prototyping software like framer.js, Facebook’s origami, and aftereffects are an added advantage
- Experience in Agile and UX development environment will be an added advantage
- Have 3 years of experience of working as an Interaction Designer.
- Degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
Closing on 27 Aug 2021