136357BR - Software Development & Test Engineer #SGUnitedTraineeships
LIFE TECHNOLOGIES HOLDINGS PTE. LTD.
S$2500 - S$2500
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, we have an incredible mission: to enable our customers make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Our responsibility in supporting this vision is to consistently strive to work together and enable our customers more effectively. We have the 4i Values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement that define the way we work together and with our customers. As we operate within the 4i framework, there are three areas that we believe could really lead to a breakthrough in the way we work together: Accountability. Innovation. Risk tolerance.
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Digital Engineering team is tasked with applying industry best practices to the design, development, and deployment world-class software products. We are looking to hire individuals with experience with software development and test engineering in clinical and research settings, and who can help us solve the next wave of technical challenges using the latest cloud-based, big-data, and rich analytics tool sets.
You should be versed and comfortable spanning the full development lifecycle, from requirements identification and prototyping, through design and implementation, to customer acceptance and delivery. You are especially passionate about crafting excellent software designs and participating in an Agile/SCRUM setting to meet and exceed customer expectations. You like the idea of partnering with scientists and bioinformaticians to create outstanding BioTechnology solutions. You welcome the challenge of working in a fast-paced, discovery-oriented environment and will be genuinely excited about the prospect of creatively exercising your problem solving skills on a continuous basis with an eye to ultimately improving the human condition.
- Member of software development scrum team. Develop (Code) and Test scientific software apps/products based on Epics & User Stories.
- Responsible for initial design and development of new software and/or extensive software revisions. Work with Product Owner to define technical requirements and create user-stories, interactive prototypes, and detailed user interface specifications and software.
- Represent the team in cross-organizational global development forums as well as customer requirements gathering and software validation and training sessions
Technical Skills and Competencies:
- Experience designing and building browser-based software user interfaces using modern languages and frameworks
- Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable. Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions. Is willing to ask difficult questions and take risks. Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively document artifacts and processes then explain them to others
- Duration of traineeship: 9 months
Closing on 12 Feb 2021