Assistant Director Technical Services 1
SINGAPORE TOURISM BOARD
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
Purpose of job
As a AD Technical Services 1, you will lead a team of Technical Services Consultant (TSCs) and outsourced service providers to provide essential enterprise level Technical infrastructure services to Singapore Tourism Board's public cloud and regional offices.
The candidate should be a decisive and driven leader, who takes a proactive approach to managing business transformation, applications system development and operations, IT governance and performance management, stakeholder engagement, people development and vendor management. This entails engaging stakeholders and managing a team of IT proessionals to transform STB buisness processes through the innovative use of IT. This also includes managing the development and maintenance of a portfolio of IT systems and infrastructure hosted in both cloud and on-premises data centre environment, implementing proper governance processes and managing business partners and contracts. Success in the role will be demonstrated by your ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Lead a team of Application Infrastructure Engineers and outsourced service providers to provide subject matter expertise around the area of technical infrastructure for the various domains in Application Infrastructure Operations, Network, ICT Security or Desktop.
- Review, support and endorse infrastructure architecture, infrastructure resource planning, infrastructure performance and system hosting environment focusing on Hardware Infrastructure, Operating Systems, Virtualization, Storage and Backup in support of new application systems at Public Service agencies
- Identify opportunities to optimize delivery and achieve standardization of application infrastructure services across Public Service agencies to reduce operations overheads
- Drive, monitor and oversee application infrastructure services and projects across Public Service agencies and assign resources to ensure smooth operations
- Subject matter expert on application infrastructure technology to coach and mentor Application Infrastructure Service Consultants through new and routine tasks
- Oversee the competency development of Application Infrastructure Service Consultants according to the training and competency development roadmap established
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering or Information Technology
- Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience in designing, deploying and managing enterprise level ICT infrastructure in application infrastructure services of which 5 years were in a leadership role
- Excellent technical knowledge of application infrastructure technologies with good knowledge of supporting technologies such as infrastructure operations, public cloud (AWS), Content Delivery Networks (CDN), LAN and WAN networking
- Able to engineer enterprise-grade solutions using AWS services
- PaaS, IaaS, containerization, serverless computing, API design patterns and Infrastructure as Code
- DevSecOps environment with CI/CD integration
- Amazon EC2, lambda, S3 and trusted advisor
- Proactive and dedicated individual with strong leadership and multi-tasking capabilities
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to present ideas and influence stakeholders
- An adaptable and bold individual who dares to try new things and take smart risks
- Agile, Architecture, DevSecOps
Closing on 21 May 2021