Associate, Collateral Management
SETCLEAR PTE. LTD.
Accounting / Auditing / Taxation, Banking and Finance, Risk Management
Permanent, Full Time
S$4000 - S$5000
SetClear Pte. Ltd. is a Singapore based company that is part of the CLSA group. SetClear's proposition lies in delivering an innovative, flexible, adaptable, and nimble trade settlements/agency clearing platform with global capabilities. At the heart is a message-based technology platform which utilizes a work-flow oriented architecture leveraged by a globally distributed and integrated operational infrastructure. SetClear's Singapore operations will include global management roles in addition to being a central hub for all middle and back office activities. Most of these services will be supported by a fully automated electronic platform that will be backed up by a 24x6 Support Desk in Singapore.
SetClear is structured as a lean, efficient, independent company. With approximately 150 employees, SetClear's small size offers the advantage of speed and flexibility while its activities will rank it among the top tier agency clearing businesses.
The Collateral Management organization resides within Derivatives Operations of CLSA Limited. The Collateral Management products provide value added services to financial market clients, principally engaged in Derivatives and Securities Finance activities, by creating liquidity, reducing counterparty risk, and improving operating efficiencies. Collateral Management provides a scalable end-to-end suite of collateral services across transaction types and asset classes, through a custody- and clearing-agnostic platform, and supported by an integrated high-touch client service model.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Manage the receipt and movements of collateral assets at the segregated account at custodian agent or Triparty;
- Direct client communication and interaction
- Issue and respond to daily margin calls
- Dispute resolution and reconciliations
- Partner with Business Units, Middle Office, and Risk teams to address any trade disputes and fails
- Liaise with settlement teams to ensure proper cash and security movements
- Perform daily cash, position, and trade reconciliations and break investigation
- Collaborate with other business parties to make sure collateral operation flow is align with business policies and regulations
- Robust Collateral Management Policy, Adopt best practice for Workflow and Control requirement for Margin and Collateral Management Support
- Manage any new project and processing improvement
- Support Collateral Management System Solution project works (including prepare details user requirements, UAT, data migration)
- 3-5 years of experience in OTC operations or collateral management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related disciplines
- Solid knowledge for activities on OTC Derivatives, SBL, Repo & strong mathematic & risk knowledge
- Deep knowledge of ISDA/CSA/GMRA Master agreements and definitions
- Strong focus in client service management, communication and delivery
- Diligent, committed and able to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both in written and verbal, with internal and external clients, stakeholders across departments
- Perform other ad-hoc projects and assignments as required
- Control focused and with a track record of excelling in Operations team.
- A good team leader
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese (Cantonese & Mandarin)
- Front Office
- Risk Management
- Product Control
- Internal Audit
- Legal and Compliance
- Custodian banks / Tri Party / Prime Brokers
Closing on 22 Oct 2021