AVP/VP, Technology Operations Governance
SUMITOMO MITSUI BANKING CORPORATION SINGAPORE BRANCH
Banking and Finance, Information Technology, Others
S$7000 - S$10000
The Technology Governance Team (TGT) is a key IT Team providing 2nd line of IT Technology Governance oversight on the IT System Development and Maintenance, IT Operations, Support and Control functions of the SMBC Bank in Singapore.
- To be responsible for the design and maintenance of the IT Technology Governance framework, policies and processes, as well as its process implementation and tools development. This covers areas such as IT System Development and Maintenance, IT Service Management, Contracts Management and SLA, Technology and Security KRI, IT Asset Management within IT departments for Singapore Branch and across APAC Branches.
- To establish the IT Control objectivesthat are in line with regulatory requirements (e.g. MAS TRMS, BNM RMIT) and IT laws and regulations to support the achievement of the Bank’s strategic objectives.
- To drive and manage the development, review and reporting of IT Operational Governance Key Metrics for IT Performance measurement.
- To work with respective IT Teams (e.g. IT Services) in Singapore Branch and other APAC branches on the adoption of the IT Service Management and Operation Policy and/or best practices implementation.
- To perform quality assurance on IT Programs/Projects, as well as checks to validate compliance to the IT Service Management and Operation policies and procedure and the Bank’s procedures and objectives are achieved.
- Solution and design decisions that result in scalable implementations of the systems
- Formalize Technology Governance Framework and provide oversight to IT Teams to enhance overall IT Service Delivery through sound governance, procedural controls, IT Security and Quality Assurance framework and policies, as part of the APAC IT Governance Framework.
- Ensure compliance with Bank’s IT Governance policies and procedures and implement support initiatives to strengthen the governance and develop a robust reporting mechanism for the IT Management incorporating appropriate escalations as required.
- Provide regular review of KRIs and KCIs and tracking of progress issues and actions, with timely oversight reporting on the monitoring of key controls in senior governance committees and meetings.
- Keep abreast with regulatory guidelines (e.g. MAS TRMS and MAS Outsourcing Guidelines, BNM RMIT) and their updates, and ensuring that these guidelines are well understood, and plans are developed by responsible parties for implementation as appropriate.
- Review of APAC Branches’ IT related documents such as Procedure Manuals and Guidelines.
- Identify and implement areas of improvements within IT for better productivity, better controls and higher efficiency on overall IT Operation.
- Recognized IT related degree
- More than 7 years of working experience with good knowledge and experience of IT Governance, Risk and Compliance principles, as well as IT Controls in all disciplines of technology domains, preferably within the Financial Services.
- Solid technical and functional knowledge of relevant financial services internal rules and policies of Singapore and the APAC region.
- Good working knowledge of relevant industry standards and understanding of industry trends and products.
- Proven ability to understand, identify, analyse and communicate clearly the operational risks within processes.
- Proven experience in applying legal/regulatory guidance into solving practical problems.
Functional or Technical Competencies:
- Good understanding of the overall System Development and Operational processes within the financial services industry.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong decision-making skills, with the ability to demonstrate sound judgement.
- A structured and logical approach to work.
- Strong problem solving and numerical skills.
- Ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines and prioritize accordingly.
- Experience in IT Governance Reviews, Controls Testing and Assurance, and delivery of training.
- Proficient in MS Office tools.
Leadership Competencies & Personal Attributes:
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to influence and mentor.
- Ability to facilitate smooth communications between HO, APAC branches and Singapore teams.
- Self-driven with a proactive motivated mindset and the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment with little direction.
- Precision: Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Dependable: Consistently following through and result driven with a strong sense of accountability.
- Team Oriented: Making the most out of collaboration.
Interested applicants, please submit your application with an attached resume.
Closing on 19 Mar 2021