Big Data Engineer/ Consultant
ACCENTURE PTE LTD
Consulting, Engineering, Information Technology, Professional Services
S$7200 - S$14000
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centres. Our 506,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
There will never be a typical day at Accenture, but that’s why people love the dynamism. The opportunities and initiatives to make a difference, doing good for the public, are unlimited in the ever-changing digital landscape. Here are just a few of your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Understand our customers' core business objectives and build end-to-end data centric solutions to address them
- Collaborate with technical business analyst, to understand business requirements, data, and optimize data pipeline performance.
- Build solutions in big data and data management tools meeting projects’ requirements
- Construct code with good coding standard and practices to ensure high quality and minimum risks
- Closely working with project manager and technical leads to provide regular status reporting and support them to identify blockers for quick resolution.
Basic Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with Data Engineering or Big Data Technologies, or Data Transformation, and data modelling
- Experience in architecting and building scalable data platforms.
- Experience with Informatica or other related data Integration tools
- Experience with Cloud Technologies (Data Lake, Azure, Google, AWS etc.) or experience with open source technologies (Spark, Kafka, Presto, Hive, Cassandra etc.)
- Experience with SQL and/or NOSQL databases
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Production implementation experience for all qualifications listed
- Production experience in building real-time analytics applications
- Experience in both batch and stream processing technologies
- Experience with 2 of 3 - Java, Scala, and Python programming languages
- Machine learning experience with Spark or similar
- Certified Data Engineers or Solution Architect in 1 or more Cloud Technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Ability to manage numerous requests concurrently and be able to prioritize and deliver
- Good communication skills
- Dynamic team player
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
Security Clearance Requirement
The candidate will be subject to security clearance. The candidate shall provide all necessary information requested by the Authority to facilitate security clearance.
You will also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing on 07 Feb 2021