Business Analyst (Data Analytics)
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
S$5000 - S$9000
We are looking for Business Analysts (Data Analytics) who's interested in using data to help the government design solutions that address its policy and business problems, and stay close to the needs of the general public. The applicant will be responsible for demonstrating how better use of data can help recommend new policies, streamline operations or bring more customised solutions for citizens. He/she should have some training and working experiences on data analytics, and should be comfortable with hands-on data manipulation, data modelling and data visualisation.
What to Expect:
- Provide data analytics consulting services to the government agencies, including data analytics planning and strategy – perform data analytics visioning and road-mapping, business case development, implementation planning, organisational planning, budget and risk management planning
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand their needs/pain points, scope the problem and develop business case on how to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used for policy making, streamlining operations or developing solutions for citizens.
- Advise stakeholders on the key ICT trends and best practices in data analytics, assess applicability for adoption and recommend solution that best fits stakeholders’ needs
- Perform data cleaning, pre-processing and feature engineering that facilitate meaningful analysis
- Work closely with data scientists to mine insights from structured and unstructured data and to resolve complex statistical modelling problems to answer pertinent business questions.
- Design dashboards and interactive visualization as tools for data exploration as well as for storytelling. Present analytics insights to business users and stakeholders
- Work with stakeholders to ensure smooth deployment and adoption of new solution
How to Succeed:
- Degree/Master in any discipline; Diploma graduates with relevant experience will also be considered.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience
- Ability to take a broad, strategic perspective as well as drill deep to understand business needs and challenges
- Understand key concepts, techniques and considerations in Machine learning and Data analytics
Training and relevant experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Statistical modelling tools such as: R, Python, RapidMiner, Knime, SAS, Matlab or SPSS
- Data manipulation using scripting languages like Python or using ETL tools
- Visual analytics technologies like Tableau, Qlikview or D3.js
- End-to-end analytics architecture, preferably with some working knowledge of big data stack
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with ability to pitch ideas and influence stakeholders
- Strong analytical, conceptualisation and problem solving skills
- Team player with strong organization and people handling skills
- Passion for the use of analytics and data to improve public service
Closing on 26 Mar 2021