Business Development Manager Hong Kong and Taiwan
MESSAGEBIRD PTE. LTD.
Sales / Retail
S$7000 - S$11500
MessageBird is transforming the communications landscape as one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world. Our cloud communications platform makes it possible for businesses to instantly connect with over 7 billion phones globally, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Our suite provides access to all major messaging channels, from SMS and Voice to WeChat, Messenger, Facebook, WhatsApp and more. We provide out-of-the-box solutions with our own applications like Inbox and Flow Builder, plus a robust set of APIs that simplify workflows and automation.
With over 20,000 customers — including some of the world’s biggest brands like Facebook, Deliveroo, Uber and WhatsApp — it’s likely that you’ve benefited from MessageBird’s omnichannel technology at some point. For small and mid-sized businesses, we also offer support and solutions through an Online Self-Serve (OSS) dashboard.
Our global team is a powerhouse of 350+ employees, who work across eight international offices. We’re excited that you’re here and interested to #jointhenest.
How we work
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
The role: Business Development Manager
MessageBird is looking for an Enterprise Account Executive (Business Development Manager) to sell to high-value prospects and customers. In this role, you will be responsible for sourcing, qualifying and closing new opportunities. You will look after a specific territory and assigned quota while maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction. With plenty of defined key verticals such as Finance, E-commerce, Retail, Travel & Airlines, and Call Centres, new logo wins will be second nature to you.
You’ll report to the Regional Sales Head and work in close partnership with Sales Development, Product Management, Customer Support/Success, Marketing, Legal and Finance.
What you’ll do
- End to end ownership of identifying, creating, developing, negotiating and closing high-value opportunities positioning our CPaaS Platform to Enterprise Clients
- Own the entire commercial engagement from proposal development, pricing strategy, negotiation to closing
- Will own forecast and monthly and quarterly commit
- Work with internal teams in a collaborative manner to execute account specific sales strategies and also to ensure smooth onboarding of the customer
- Develop and grow MessageBird visibility and relationships across multiple levels within the customer organization. Navigate through decision makers and influencers
- New customer acquisition and drive new revenue. Employ a solution-selling methodology to facilitate customer evaluations and to help them understand MessageBird’s unique differentiation
- Keep up-to-date records of Activities, Opportunities, and Accounts in our CRM
- Be responsible for building and maintaining sufficient pipeline coverage
- Operations to design mutually beneficial contracts to address customer requirements and balance the needs of our business
- Representing MessageBird at events/tradeshows
What you’ll bring
- 6+ years of progressively increased responsibility in B2B within the SaaS space
- Able to manage relationships with all levels of the partner community
- Track record of personally selling and closing complex technical solutions to enterprises and software companies
- Strong experience in both the direct and partner channels are strongly desired
- Experience with creating pricing proposals, negotiating terms and managing the contract process. Fearless and a ruthless focus on execution.
- Strong working understanding of Indonesian Technology Landscape. Prior experience within CPaaS offerings is very helpful
- Demonstrated experience with Enterprise and the ability to leverage those contacts
- Experience selling communications to a technical and business audience, building trust and mutual respect with technical customers and peers
Psst… some added perks
- The ability to Work Anywhere — literally anywhere you want, as long as it’s in the same time zone as your team (yup… you read that right!). This comes with the added benefit of finding the right work-life balance for you by following our 80/20 rule.
- WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly manner.
- Top-notch work equipment (including Bose headphones!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed.
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events.
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.
Closing on 04 Nov 2021