Cloud / Linux engineer
NEW TONE CONSULTING PTE. LTD.
Contract, Full Time
S$6800 - S$13000
The candidate will work on a initiative to build and automate the provisioning of cloud services using tools including Ansible, containers and on-prem cloud stacks.
Role and responsibilities:
- Working within a team of like-minded professionals to the provisioning and deployment business applications.
- Designing and implementing appropriate configuration management automation platform and provide production support for it
- Automating the provisioning of environments: cooking up some recipes with Ansible, and deploying environments using containers
- Influencing other teams in adopting automation and configuration management best practices
- Participating in the Agile DevOps community to design, develop, test and release new capabilities and features with focus on continuous delivery, release and post-production support
- Driving improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of overall experience in IT operations, infrastructure teams or software engineering
- Strong background in Linux / Unix Administration
- Expertise with Ansible and other configuration management tools
- Hands-on experience of automation of DB/middleware/app server (Tomcat, Oracle, Mongo DB, ELK, MQ, CFT etc.), CI tools (Jenkins, Nexus etc.)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- A working understanding of code and script (Java, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations for high availability
- Experience of continuous delivery pipelines
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude
- Strong advantage: Experience with Docker or Serena automation
Closing on 11 Nov 2021