Cloud Engineer DBA
IBM SERVICES TALENT DELIVERY PTE. LTD.
S$6000 - S$9000
Cloud Engineer – DBA Responsibilities:
- Administer database components (i.e., containers, tablespaces, tables, indexes, views, etc.) for on-premise as well on cloud.
- Administer database security, monitor and correct space utilization.
- Design and implement physical and logical database backups and perform database restorations.
- Develop and maintain OS command scripts to support a variety of database maintenance activities
- Develop and schedule database maintenance jobs, Troubleshoot database problems which involves analyzing the problem, identifying alternative solutions, projecting the consequences of proposed actions and implementing a solution.
- Develop and schedule database maintenance jobs as well as analyze and troubleshoot problems, and implement solutions.
- Monitor performance, identify bottlenecks and recommend and/or perform adjustments to optimize performance.
- Automate the management of database server performance tuning and database life cycle utilizing database administration tools.
- Research software alternatives/upgrades to improve security, performance, reliability, and recoverability of DBMS.
- Create and maintain jobs, dynamic database objects, tables, files, and indexes to support computer applications using SQL, functions, stored procedures, triggers and views.
- Perform installation, upgrades, patches for supported COTS applications and database software release.
Cloud Engineer – DBA Requirements:
- Degree in computer science or a similar field.
- At least 3 years of experience playing the role of a Database Administrator who is responsible for the design, development, tuning, maintenance and administrative of Enterprise DBM.
- Experience in Oracle and PostgreSQL Databases is a must
- Shell scripting skills with Power Shell, Python, Bash, Perl or other scripting language.
- Command line skills
- Basic knowledge and experience of Developing and managing database in cloud computing environment (AWS preferred)
- Basic knowledge and experience of DevOps and CI/CD activities
Closing on 30 Sep 2021