Community Marketing Manager
PINGCAP PTE. LTD.
Marketing / Public Relations
S$6000 - S$12000
PingCAP is founded by the team that built TiDB, a world leading open-source, cloud-native, distributed SQL/NewSQL database for elastic scale and real-time analytics, which is compatible with MySQL, and enables companies to painlessly scale their business while keeping the underlying infrastructure simple and serve as a one-stop solution for all online transactions and analysis. We have raised US$342M in total for the past 6 years, and are the most valued NewSQL company on the planet!
Our products have been trusted by large scale industry leaders and adopted by over 1500 companies across different industries, including Square, Paypay, Webank, Hulu, Booking.com, Dailymotion, Shopee, Zomato, VNG, Tencent, Xiaomi, Oppo, etc.We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the database for the future!
About The Role:
- As our open source community manager you will be responsible for creating and executing programs, planning and organizing events, and engaging our vibrant open source community.
- This role will provide you with the chance to cultivate and nurture a world-leading open source community with a unique opportunity to impact the success of the company and to grow your career at a fast pace. In addition, this role will advocate and promote what’s best for the community to ensure authenticity and credibility.
- You excel at communications strategy and are confident in letting your voice be heard. Above all, you will build strong relationships with the community on technical forums, blogs, and social media to evangelize the value of the TiDB platform and encourage community contributions.
- This position will be based in our Singapore office serving customers in APAC excluding China and Japan.
- As we are new to this region, you will be expected to experience challenges and opportunities far more beyond your imagination.
- We welcome candidates with an entrepreneurship mindset to work together with our talented team.
- Be prepared to roll up your sleeves, stay agile and hit the ground running with a go-getter mindset.
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of work experience
- Passionate about open source and the developer community
- Experienced building out and nurturing a forum community with a strong understanding of digital communications best practices
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Creative thinker and self-starter, someone who is persistent and innovative.
- Ability to thrive and collaborate with peers across business functions.
- Strong organizational skills, capable of handling multiple projects at the same time.
- Have a "test & learn" approach with growth mindset to continually assess KPIs to monitor business performance
- Typically 15-25% travel, expected.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred.
What will you get to do?
- Organize meetups, hackathons, and other community events that will coalesce a vibrant developer community around our open source products
- Building a communication content pipeline and working with counterparts in engineering, marketing and sales to coordinate content execution and promotion.
- Build a speaker bench and coordinate speakers for each event.
- Manage onsite presence and deliver on event goals.
- Help build a measurable communications platform to provide insightful metrics on content performance
- Collaborate with TiDB Developer Advocates and TiDB Cloud to develop content that helps drive awareness & contributions.
- Attend conferences and organize speaking engagements at relevant events.
- Communicate community needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales.
What gives you an edge:
- Experience in building the metrics driven digital demand generation marketing;
- Experience in developing and executing measurable digital activation programs, search engine marketing (SEM), performance marketing and driving content-based integrated campaigns;
- A thorough understanding of top of funnel digital marketing channels including paid media, SEM, content syndication, email, web conversion tools, account based marketing (ABM), and how these work together.
What will you gain?
- Opportunity to build the largest data technology community in APAC from the get-go;
- Working with a global team of passionate and compassionate developers, hackers, and open-source fanatics, and grow your own connections in data technology space;
- Competitive salary; Meaningful equity in a fast-growing enterprise startup;
- Paid Time off
- Reimbursement of Annual Premium for Personal Medical Insurance policies
- Employee referral bonus program;
- Awesome, supportive coworkers with a good sense of humor.
Closing on 31 Oct 2021