Consultant to Senior Consultant, Analytics & Insights
SINGAPORE TOURISM BOARD
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
Purpose of job:
Collaborate with the current team of data analysts to use data to produce actionable and meaningful insights that would guide the strategies of both internal teams and external industry stakeholders to address business problems and determine opportunities of growth for Singapore’s tourism industry. Data custodian for the division, responsible for upholding data quality.
- Use data analytics to answer key business questions and uncover new opportunities and gaps for the industry. This may involve applying data mining techniques and statistical analysis to synthesise multiple data sources of varying nature (e.g. structured, unstructured).
- Work with large, complex datasets and solve analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods where required.
- Develop data models to triangulate different data sources for analysis across different data sources.
- Responsible for the preparation of key performance reports and publications for STB management and the public.
- Contribute as a data custodian of a key dataset. You will act as the in-house subject matter expert and is required to have a good grasp of the data logic, provide business requirements, maintain the data quality, work with appointed contractors to provide inputs to the design and development of dashboards and to ensure that existing dashboards stay relevant.
- Collaborate with team to review the existing data collection strategies and incorporate improvements as relevant.
- To share best practices with the team and other business stakeholders, e.g. with regards to analytics and visualisation.
- Internal and external stakeholders
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in data analytics role
- Experience in modelling, creating, editing and publishing dashboards using visualisation tools such as QlikSense
- Experience in data analytics, and data story telling. Past independent handling of big data would be advantagous.
- Proven track record in engaging relevant stakeholders (within and outside of the organisation)
- Experience in handling analytics tools (e.g. R, SQL, Python)
- Strong analytical skills with an eye for details and possess an aptitude/experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative
- Ability to integrate and synthesise research and large volume of data across multiple sources to derive meaningful conclusions
- Ability to communicate clearly complex data/concepts and outcomes of analysis so that learnings can be translated into strategies
Closing on 21 May 2021