Consultant to Senior Consultant (Business Analyst), Data Analytics Systems
SINGAPORE TOURISM BOARD
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
Purpose of job:
- Drive the development of STB’s data platform, Singapore Tourism Analytics Network (Stan).
- Elicit, analyse, validate, prioritise and document requirements (including platform and user stories) of Stan:
- Support Head of Department (Product Owner) in the conceptualisation and development of key product features in Stan.
- Enhancement and implementation of data productization strategy in Stan.
- Ensure requirements are understood in the requirements gathering sessions with key stakeholders conducted by STB-appointed vendor.
- Ensure alignment of design principles throughout development (e.g., across different business user stories, data and productization strategy).
- Confirm requirements are captured in the design and review the Functional/ Technical Design specifications for acceptance.
- Ensure the development is on-time and meets the agreed requirements.
- Ensure that story points were properly accounted for and in line with the tender specification.
- Provide regular feedback and facilitate necessary approvals
- Work with the Head of Department (Product Owner), to track and oversee the development of agreed requirements based on agile principles
- Work with respective stakeholders on UAT planning, execution, identifying project risk and critical path
- Oversee the operations and maintenance of Stan:
- Review, analyse and evaluate change/enhancement requests
- Work with the vendor to a) troubleshoot and resolve issues, b) implement preventive and corrective measures.
Review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs, document requirements define scope and objectives and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- All STB divisions
- Vendor for the development and maintenance of Stan
- Tourism industry stakeholders (e.g. industry associations, tourism companies)
- At least 3-5 years of working experience as an IT business/ system analyst, including data related projects.
- Experience in software development lifecycle, application solutioning, design and testing.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
1. Data integration and manipulation (ETL) tools like Talend, Informatica Power Center, SSIS, or Stitch Data.
2. Visual analytics technologies such as QlikSense, Tableau, or Plotly.
3. End-to-end analytics architecture, preferably with some working knowledge of big data stack (Hadoop).
- Statistical modelling tools such as: R, Python, RapidMiner, Knime, SAS, Matlab or SPSS is an added advantage.
- Strong analytical, conceptualisation and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take a broad, strategic perspective as well as drill deep to understand business needs and challenges.
- Understand key concepts, techniques and considerations in Machine learning and Data analytics.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with ability to pitch ideas and influence stakeholders.
Closing on 21 May 2021