Contract IT Consultant (Application) (11-months)
SINGAPORE TOURISM BOARD
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
Purpose of job:
Role will be responsible for the overall success of a project by ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget, meet business requirements and comply with IT governance framework, including security and resilience.
Role will also advise on functions and best practices for specific products and how the products can be used to solve business problems.
Where appropriate, role will also advise on key and relevant ICT trends as well as new and emerging best practices locally and internationally to meet the vertical business domain’s objectives. Role will also assess applicability for adoption, manage user requirements, and provide IT solutions to bridge business needs.
- Identify IT techniques and processes to manage, track and trace requirements
- Refine and clarify business need, define IT solution scope that meets the business needs
- Ensure that projects are executed based on the project plan to meet identified business needs, within agreed parameters of cost, duration and quality
- Develop project schedule and activities based on appropriate project implementation methodology
- Identify potential project risks and its implication to the organisation and to recommend mitigating measures so as to manage the risks and to provide reasonable assurance to the organisation
- Establish the appropriate project organisation structure and define the change management and communication plan to engage and set expectations of stakeholders
- Effectively engage and manage the External Service Provider(s) (who supplies the people, processes, tools and methodologies) to deliver ICT solutions and services This includes procurement, contract management and transition management
- Understand the IT management policy, quality management policy and security guidelines to ensure the development processes and procedures and system are designed to comply with policies and guidelines
- Communicate and present to senior decision makers, stakeholders and management forums on project progress and issues with respect to business objectives
- Manage conflicts, issues and changes to ensure MG and project team remain in agreement on IT solution scope, communicate and manage expectations
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Computer Science, Computer or Electronics Engineering or Information Technology industries is preferred
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience in designing, deploying and managing enterprise level ICT infrastructure
- Consulting or programming experience, as well as experience in IT Business Analysis, Application Solutioning, Design and Testing
- Team player with strong organization and people management skills
- Strong project management , communication and presentations skills
- Strong stakeholders/ agency management and negotiation skills
- A strong team player with proven track record
- Government ICT project delivery experience, Public-facing digital services experience and Vendor management or sub-contractor management experience will be and added advantage.
We regret only shortlisted candidate will be notified.
Closing on 30 Apr 2021