BLINKFREIGHT PTE. LTD.
S$3500 - S$7000
About the Job & Blinkfreight
Blinkfreight is reshaping the way freight is exported out of Asia. We work in an industry ripe for digital disruption, and we are putting together an agile team of remote software engineers to help us accelerate our progress building a cloud-based SaaS product, powered by machine learning and robotic process automation.
We are currently looking for an ambitious, clear communicator to build out our digital platform. You will work with other engineers and the Head of Product throughout the software development life cycle, becoming a core member of the Blinkfreight family, and be part of the new generation disrupting a multi-billion dollar industry.
Come join a Singapore based start-up where you will see the direct impact of your code daily, solve high-value problems, and experience rapid growth!
About the Product
Our platform is a collaborative freight management tool, used by US importers and Chinese exporters. We released the initial version to beta customers earlier this year. The goal is to make the "first-mile" logistics involved with exporting freight as frictionless as possible for all parties involved, and so are focused on building features that digitize and optimize processes with robotic process automation and machine learning wherever possible.
· Collaborate with Business/ Designer on specs and visuals
· Lead both design and develop required product based on timeline below
· Collaborate with the team from different Biz units to ensure consistency
· Communicate with Stakeholders
· Working in technical implementations with partners
· Work within a Scrum framework
· Contribute your expertise to our technical roadmap
· Be available on Slack according to a regular schedule, and participate in a daily scrum
· Collaborate in a cross-functional team
· Commitment to continuous learning
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
· Understanding of MERN stack web-apps and the following:
o Ruby on Rails version 4+
o PostgreSQL version 9+ or AWS RDS
o Heroku or AWS EC2
o Experience with RESTful web services
· Experience working in a Scrum framework
· Excellent written English
· Strong team player with outstanding communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
Bonus points for the following:
· Experience with TensorFlow.js or other Node.js ML libraries
· Experience working with OCR applications
· Experience working in the Chinese software ecosystem: understanding its limitations and requirements when providing an international service hosted on a Chinese server
· Experience with Aliyun hosting solutions
· Full-time position - Potential to be a co-founder
· Salary: SGD 3500-7000 / month depending on experience + Equity (negotiable )
Closing on 18 Mar 2021